Jump to content

ToNasty's Silverado (Linear Power stuffs)


Recommended Posts

Posted

That's all adjustments.... Oh and I understand about the excited part.... Imo you don't need to buy more mid bass yet take what you have to its full potential first.... Your mid bass should be crossed over around 100 to 500-600 Hz saying they get low tells me you have set up wrong and why you are not getting the punchy sound you want......

You Need to hear my car seriously

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Posted

OK I'm in......

before swapping make sure you exhaust your tuning fully. It really looks like you are well on your way to a great sounding set up. Only reason to change or add equipment is if you have maximized your current equipment's limits and won't mechanically go as low or high as you want them too.

No one way is better to tune over the other but, those who have great sounding vehicles normally have a sequence they go through to achieve it. However, in general Line match all gains, set crossover points and slopes. This process alone is not cut and dry. As you really have to play with crossover points and slopes to compensate for dips and rises at the speaker transition points. Plus depending on placements your phasing will change as well. I've done 30db slopes between tweeter and mid, 18-24 between mid and midbass (even 18 on mid and 12 on midbass). and then 12-18 db on sub 180 out of phase. all while adjust crossover points between all speakers. For example I have played the midbass down to about 63 hz at a 24db slope and the sub around 40hz on 12 db slope.

Posted

Ya it still took me over 4 hours to tune my ms-8 that supposedly tunes itself lol ..... And I still have not put it on the rta for eq adjustment

But it's freaking worth the work! And time

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Posted

Band new amps can have hiss a lot of amps his actually. By having pillar with the speakers in your face is much easier to notice

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Posted

Only problem with my hu is the highest is goes is 12db slope so I have to work around that. I have hours of tuning ahead of me. And I need to find this annoying little his.

May be time for a processor if its in the budget.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1820 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...