extra batteries???

ive been into car audio for a long time but have never had the need for more juice other than a cap but when i started upgrading past 300 rms and into more power i started experiencing dimming lights and the such from extreme voltage drop that the cap just couldnt handle. unlike some i dont have much extra cash to spend on car audio so i have to kind of pick and choose as my wife says lol. so in my search for more power i threw in an extra regular car battery i had into the back of my blazer. watched a youtube video by exo on how to install it and wired it up with no problems. i also upgraded to knuconceptz 4 gauge. way under rated wire. is actually 2 gauge. this has substantially increased my power. no drops below 13.44. even at full blast. my amp is loving it. my question is tho wether or not this is a decent solution or if it will cause problems in my electrical system? my amp is a 600.2 soundstream rubicon. i hope to be upgrading to a re audio 1000.1 soon. would i need to replace the extra battery with a alternate one such as a kinetic power cell or will this battery be sufficient? also im pushing 2 old school kicker comps from like the 90s lol. they slam pretty good in the ported box they are in. 2.75 cubic feet tuned to 34 hertz. just needing some advice on my power input tho. thanks.

Learning from exo was the first mistake

Great way to answer his question.

OP although a regular car battery isn't the ideal solution...as long as its not in the cab with you I would say its fine.

I would recommend upgrading to sealed agm...if you don't have alot of money check out Deka intimidator series on Remybatteries...they have good deals.

Also I would say do the big 3...use search to find some threads on here..it will help alot.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Great way to answer his question.

OP although a regular car battery isn't the ideal solution...as long as its not in the cab with you I would say its fine.

I would recommend upgrading to sealed agm...if you don't have alot of money check out Deka intimidator series on Remybatteries...they have good deals.

Also I would say do the big 3...use search to find some threads on here..it will help alot.

There is a thread in the Hot-deal section called "donßt seem like a bad deal" 90 $ AGM batt!

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Not cool....... People come here to learn, not to get beat up....

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

The thing is, he SAID it is in the back of his Blazer, that's inside the cabin guys. No, it's not even safe to be having that battery in the cabin with you. A lead acid battery vents toxic fumes and on top of those fumes being terribly harmful to your health those fumes can also cause corrosion to nearby electrical components. The reason people will run an AGM battery, like Deka, XS, Odyssey, Shuriken, Stinger, Die Hard platinum, CERTAIN Super Start AGMs, is because they are a completely sealed battery that do not vent.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

remybattery.com is where the 90$ batts are.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

The thing is, he SAID it is in the back of his Blazer, that's inside the cabin guys. No, it's not even safe to be having that battery in the cabin with you. A lead acid battery vents toxic fumes and on top of those fumes being terribly harmful to your healththose fumes can also cause corrosion to nearby electrical components. The reason people will run an AGM battery, like Deka, XS, Odyssey, Shuriken, Stinger, Die Hard platinum, CERTAIN Super Start AGMs, is because they are a completely sealed battery that do not vent.

Maybe he haas a battery box with a vent or something..IDK Thats why I put in my post IF its not in your cabin area..

OP he is right though...Fuck running one in the cab...have you seen the corrosion that happens on terminals..have you ever had that shit on your skin for a few minutes...imagine breathing it...

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

The thing is, he SAID it is in the back of his Blazer, that's inside the cabin guys. No, it's not even safe to be having that battery in the cabin with you. A lead acid battery vents toxic fumes and on top of those fumes being terribly harmful to your healththose fumes can also cause corrosion to nearby electrical components. The reason people will run an AGM battery, like Deka, XS, Odyssey, Shuriken, Stinger, Die Hard platinum, CERTAIN Super Start AGMs, is because they are a completely sealed battery that do not vent.

Maybe he haas a battery box with a vent or something..IDK Thats why I put in my post IF its not in your cabin area..

OP he is right though...Fuck running one in the cab...have you seen the corrosion that happens on terminals..have you ever had that shit on your skin for a few minutes...imagine breathing it...

Yeah dude, I truly want trying to come off as a jerk. I know that YOU know your stuff. I didn't know if it was being overlooked that he said he was driving a Blazer. I'm also kind of assuming since it seems like a pretty budget build, he didn't spend any extra money on a proper vented battery box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived