StreetPoetryProductions Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 1990 Integra Budget Wall Progress #4 ( 4 12" MB Quarts & Alpine mrp-m2000 @ 2ohm )Yes its ugly & no its not done. I am going to be painting the back windows black soon since tint is pointless now! The plan wih front of the box is cut all foam flush, add multiple layers of glass matt & resin, then bondo it slick, sand it up and paint it to a mirror finish...eventually LOL.Update #4 -Did some more bracing inside the box with more dowels and hit it up with a bunch of fiberglass resin. Installed an alpine mrp-m2000 amp @ 2 ohm good for 2k rms. Just a quick update on whats been going on. Sounds alot better on double the power since the last video! A ways to go yet with the build but not to bad for a $500 budget! ( amp & woofers ) Still having a blast building this budget wall! Its 10 cubes @ 30hz for nice daily lows with a pretty flat frequency response.Amp - alpine mrp-m2000 = $350Woofers - mb quart onyx d4 12s = $150 ( $34 each new plus tax )If its not for you, its not for you...but regardless im having wicked fun with this budget build! Sorry guys, I am having a hard time trying to get the video to embed for some reason!
Polish Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 Nice job for a budget man, definitely got some flex going there. I rock a budget build too, keep up the good work. PolishSpec My website07 Fit 15" American Bass XFL- Build Log
StreetPoetryProductions Posted March 11, 2013 Author Report Posted March 11, 2013 Thanks man, I appreciate the comment! I love trying to make low cost gear sound decent on a tight budget. I have alot of budget builds on my channel!So far tho...for daily, this has got to be my favourite sounding budget build! I really like how it turned out, sounds great on alot of different music.
Chris Hammer Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 I got a budget build going too. Your on more power though..Im on about 1k with 4-kenwood 12's lol...Im starting my box build next week. Post up some pics and vids. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
StreetPoetryProductions Posted March 11, 2013 Author Report Posted March 11, 2013 Right on dude, I was running this setup on a 1k also with a single mb quart onyx 1.1000 @ .5ohm also before I upgraded power.After that I was using a alpine pdx1.1000 for a little while @ 2ohms to try & see how it did compared to the mb quart.It still got down pretty damn decent for a 1k amp but I could feel big gains were made when I swapped out with this alpine 2k since the 1k was under rms on these subs.
Chris Hammer Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 Right on dude, I was running this setup on a 1k also with a single mb quart onyx 1.1000 @ .5ohm also before I upgraded power. After that I was using a alpine pdx1.1000 for a little while @ 2ohms to try & see how it did compared to the mb quart. It still got down pretty damn decent for a 1k amp but I could feel big gains were made when I swapped out with this alpine 2k since the 1k was under rms on these subs. Yeah ..ill be at RMS on these super cheap kenwoods lol. in fact slightly over. I plan on tearing them out and replacing my amp with a BC2k..and going with 4 sa-12's... In fact i'm even building my box to spec for the sa-12s lol. I like the build dude..its cool to see someone else building something on a budget. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
StreetPoetryProductions Posted March 11, 2013 Author Report Posted March 11, 2013 They say great minds think alike. We have the same plans with the sa-12s my friend haha. Not sure what kind of amp im gonna run in the end tho.Hope to see some videos of your build when you start on it! Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it! I get alot of hate on this setup for some reason...LOL.
Wicks Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 Good stuff Man! Nice steering wheel flex! I had a '91 Integra that I wanted to do an old school build with but it started acting up on me so I had to get rid of it, fun little car though. Keep it up and start a build log so we can see some more pics. This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
Watch the bass Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 I get alot of hate on this setup for some reason...LOL. For faking the crack in your frontscreen . "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
fecupe2001 Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 it looks loud for what it is, i love budget walls, miss my sony xplod´s wall I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.