2006 Scion XB 2 SA12s and BRZ2100 4th order wall on Page 4

Damn, first 4th order wall that I have ever seen that didn't even get 1 comment J/K that bitch was ugly before I trimmed it out. Here are some updates on the progress..

FIrst things first... decided to paint my nuts lol

IMG_0552.jpg

Now back to the real work hehe...

New tools are always FTW. So is the 12 year old son actually thinking dad is cool and lending a hand.

IMG_0553.jpg

To get rolling, I fit the trim and duct taped it into place to see how it would line up, and to make sure my seats would still lock back fully. It wasn't easy building a wall and keeping 100% use of all the seats.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

I then used about 1/2 gallon of bondo smoothing things out. Sorry no pics but when you are rolling solo, and using bondo... nobody got time for that... I would have had that shit all over my phone lol. Bondo hurts like a sonofabitch when you rip it out of your arm hair at the end of the day.

Had the wife help with the carpet job. She is awesome, and her support is the only reason I get to do the things I do.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

I still have to pain the port and most of the inside of the box. Fortunately the port is big enough for me to reach in there and pain lol.. I kinda forgot to while I was building it. And thanks to Carbon I have a lil something on the way to make the front look a little nicer (is a surprise for now though).

The back of the hatch still looks like Hell.. but I spent about 14 hours this weekend on the trim/bondo/carpet and just didn't have the time or energy to get to the back yet. More progress to come... Hopefully I get some more love now lol. And I know I promised vids, but I got wrapped up in trim and finishing the front of the wall hehe. Vids also to come.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Also I know the wiring on the nuts looks like ass lol.. I have some 8gauge DIYMA wire that should be delivered here in the next day or two. Then I will actually do it right. I just wanted to get it playing so I used what I had laying around the garage so I could make sure the tuning was ok. I actually guessed reasonably well with the tuning and didn't have to change it.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

How does it sound man?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

So far it sounds great. It is a little bit "punchy" at certain freqs where the other box was a little bit smoother, but it is for sure louder. I literally knocked the surround sound speakers in my house sideways on the wall today while messing with shit in the driveway lol.

It got a little bit louder when I sealed it, but somehow I must not be 100% sealed off or something. The hatch vibrates a little more than I expected (a whole lot less than before though).I haven't trimmed out the back yet which should further isolate the back from the front.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually designed it myself. Not sure if I got lucky or just knew what I was doing lol but it sounds nice.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Here are some updates. Got a lot done over the last month or so: used Bondo to mold in the sides. Thought about using fiberglass but bondo seemed easier. First time dealing with anything like this so maybe was good choice, maybe not lol. Note the new DIYMA 8 Gauge speaker wire :) better than the random sized 12-14 I was using.IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

New XS power battery to help my struggling electrical system. May be adding alternator but trying to decide whether I am trading the car in this spring or not. If I decide to get rid of car I won't be spending money on an alternator. Should have vacuumed BEFORE taking pic lol.

IMG_0589.jpg

Had Carbon hook up a nice Sundown logo for me. I went with a vinyl heat transfer so that I could iron the logo right on to the carpet of the wall. We weren't sure whether it would work since I didn't have an actual heat press, but after doing it, I don't know why more people don't go this route lol. Super easy and super clean look.

IMG_0599.jpg

Ran out of felt ($3.99 per yard.. 36 x 72 = 1 yard ftw) so I went back and got some more. To do this:

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

I still have to goo gone the plastic trim at the bottom of the hatch, and make a small trim piece for in between the plastic and the box itself but that is easy stuff hehe. Project 95% complete. These pics don't do it justice honestly. It looks very clean. Only real flaw is at the bottom right by the power/ground wires. I have a small wrinkly in the carpet that needs my attention and I need to sand the bondo a little smoother under that section as well.

I know a promised a vid a long time ago lol but as usual I got wrapped up in actually building and enjoying it lol. I will try to put something together soon. Am hoping someone does a fall/winter show soon so I can get it metered. If not, there are a couple of people that would probably help me out around here so I may have to do that instead. Thanks for viewing, there are still some things to come!

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Damn that was a lot of work to get no love lol. Fortunately everyone that sees it loves it, and it sounds great.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

If you habe any flex your bondo will crack. Im glad you took the time out to do the rear of the wall since its seen. The dsmall stuff is so often overlooked. Now get two more12s and do it all.over again

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived