Sonic Electronix

I will keep this as short as possible. 2004 expedition, third row folded down(motorized), I have 2 Kicker L7 15s (dual 4s), audiopipe 1800.1. I was happy with everything but I started reading and researching. I had decided that I want to junk what I have now to get 3 Obsidian 12v2s and an AQ 2200.1. My question is should I do think or build onto the L7s (better box and amp)? or maybe 2 15v2 Obsidian. I really dont know, I just want something different.

Im not sure if you realy get better with the Obsidan´s. Don´t let them fool you with Kicker is garbage, in proper calculated and builded box there are ok.

On your side if you aren´t happy, gibe the spec´s of your box, maby you have to build a other box. Good idea is to switch out the AP 1800 for a AQ 2200.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Im not sure if you realy get better with the Obsidan´s. Don´t let them fool you with Kicker is garbage, in proper calculated and builded box there are ok.

On your side if you aren´t happy, gibe the spec´s of your box, maby you have to build a other box. Good idea is to switch out the AP 1800 for a AQ 2200.

was def looking at the amp change. I think the AQ2200 would be a good place to start. I have have the L7s for a couple of years now and have been happy. But i think its time to try something new.

you are kidding right

you want to from 2x L715 to 3x oa 12"

may i ask why?

yea there not the best sq sub on the market, but for what the are there not to bad

not to mention the 30% drop in cone area

youll need 4x 12 just to equale the cone

on that amp with space permitting

and you like to go full tilt most of the time 12net 160-170sq" of port

I was not going to mix any subs. The Kicker are coming out. I can't find anything negative on the Obsidian subs. Open to ideas.

sorry I read that wrong haha. Obsidians are good quality subs for the price but like said before im not sure if you are going to gain a whole lot from subs that are that close to your L7's. What kind of price range are you looking at?

Archived