Second Skin Audio

DESIGN ME A BOX!!!

I don't know........... asking for some random person to design a box is much like asking a crackhead if she clean or not. You may or may not get lucky.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yeah I know but I dont even know where to start...I have no idea about making the port, tuning, ect

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Start by ditching the idea of 4 10" subs in a back seat area box. Put 2-12" subs in a proper box IN THE TRUNK, where it belongs. Back seat boxes don't do well because you're letting your sound waves frolick around the interior, the trunk, HELL, wherever they wanna go. So start over, with a good idea, unless you're prepared to wall.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah I know but I dont even know where to start...I have no idea about making the port, tuning, ect

Judging by the information you have, the skills, and the questions you're asking here's my suggestion:

Take your car to a professional and have them do your install. I don't think you're quite ready. Im not being rude or mean, but don't want you getting discouraged because this idea you have for a box won't work.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Judging by the information you have, the skills, and the questions you're asking here's my suggestion:

Take your car to a professional and have them do your install. I don't think you're quite ready. I'm not being rude or mean, but don't want you getting discouraged because this idea you have for a box won't work.

^^^ X2

Or just start with something small and simple. One 10" or 12" on a good amount of power and nothing really fancy. Doing even a small install as your first you will learn an amazing amount of information about your car. The best thing you can do at the begging stages is try to eliminate as many variables as possible and keep it straight forward.

A great tool to use for box building is torres box tuning calculator. It is tricky to use at first but there are some really good threads on here for you to use as tutorials.

I can guaranty that if you do it right and do it yourself that you will be very satisfied with whatever you can put together.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Start by ditching the idea of 4 10" subs in a back seat area box. Put 2-12" subs in a proper box IN THE TRUNK, where it belongs. Back seat boxes don't do well because you're letting your sound waves frolick around the interior, the trunk, HELL, wherever they wanna go. So start over, with a good idea, unless you're prepared to wall.

Thanks but first of all its 4 12s and look at Meadeold design with 4 12s. His wasent walled and hell it did hairtricks if I remember well.

Take your car to a professional and have them do your install. I don't think you're quite ready. Im not being rude or mean, but don't want you getting discouraged because this idea you have for a box won't work.

And I understand what youre saying but the only car shop around suck complete ass. Honestly sometimes I think some highschool morons at my school know more about car audio...

Take your car to a professional and have them do your install. I don't think you're quite ready. I'm not being rude or mean, but don't want you getting discouraged because this idea you have for a box won't work.

^^^ X2

Or just start with something small and simple. One 10" or 12" on a good amount of power and nothing really fancy. Doing even a small install as your first you will learn an amazing amount of information about your car. The best thing you can do at the begging stages is try to eliminate as many variables as possible and keep it straight forward.

A great tool to use for box building is torres box tuning calculator. It is tricky to use at first but there are some really good threads on here for you to use as tutorials.

I can guaranty that if you do it right and do it yourself that you will be very satisfied with whatever you can put together.

And this isnt even close to my first install. Ive had 3 other good systems but never got around to building a box ever. So thats why im asking you guys for ideas for a box cause this will be my first box I build. Oh and im sealing off the trunk from the rest so im not to worried about it being a small space. A wall just aint gunna happen in my situation right now. And man? those box calculators? So damn confusing...

Nothing for now...

^^^ X2

And this isnt even close to my first install. Ive had 3 other good systems but never got around to building a box ever. So thats why im asking you guys for ideas for a box cause this will be my first box I build. Oh and im sealing off the trunk from the rest so im not to worried about it being a small space. A wall just aint gunna happen in my situation right now. And man? those box calculators? So damn confusing...

Oh okay that's good that it's not your first install. The best I can say with the calculators is just keep practicing with them. And it helps a lot to look for threads that have them posted with visual representations.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Alright will do. The thing that I just dont know how to do is a port though. Not many box calculators have a good way of making one

Nothing for now...

Torres I think almost always gives me a "Too complex design" thing. But if you look up some threads. Here is one of my examples of a box I designed for another member on here recently.

602014_572183289458542_1211764835_n.jpg

481234_574682902541914_1374272746_n.jpg

*The box lying down with one side off to see inside.

887006_572955372714667_1538589947_o.jpg

Torres I think almost always gives me a "Too complex design" thing. But if you look up some threads. Here is one of my examples of a box I designed for another member on here recently.

602014_572183289458542_1211764835_n.jpg

481234_574682902541914_1374272746_n.jpg

*The box lying down with one side off to see inside.

887006_572955372714667_1538589947_o.jpg

Damn thats nice. I need someone to do this haha. Im not asking ya too but I should find a program to make these before I do something stupid

Nothing for now...

Archived