Second Skin Audio

port in middle of sub box

So how do I measure port length if the ports in the middle of the box? I have 2 subs and all that I have a box I built but the tunings off so I'm asking.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

It is the same as a 3-common wall port, how far into the box, I just don't thing it is recommended to bend the port. If I am wrong on that please someone correct me.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

From my understanding, I could be wrong but, basically you measure port length the same in a "2 common wall" as you do in a "3 common wall". With the exception being that if the port length extends far enough into the enclosure that it must turn at the back wall, the port must extend in both directions the same "remaining original port length" but with half the port width. So for instance if you need 20" of port length @ 4" wide, but your box is only 15.5" (outside dimension), you only have 13" port front to rear. So you still need 7" of port length in BOTH directions but only 2" wide. Very generic fast drawing/explanation but you get the point lol.

blahblah_zps6f991f3c.jpg

OK thank you guys I did do this in my build however I did not do bends I did parallel walls. I however cut the port length in half for each side I think for example If I needed 20imches then 10 at each side. This would explain my f*kd up tune lol its OK no big d I can always change the walls:) thanks guys!!

Just recalculated my tune thought it was 29ish its actually about 38. Would explain a lot lol

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Archived