HED-80PRS in NW mode

I recently installed this unit to go active for the first time. I had many email exchanges with Pioneer about HU and the high level output signal in NW mode. They pretty much stopped communicating and never answered my question. I was looking for a rear fill signal while in NW mode using a line driver of sorts for the signal. I ended up using a RCA high level adapter cable to run to the Clarion MCD 2/3 active cossover for dedicated midbass drivers in fiberglass kicker panel this sumer. The high level out signal is unamplified in NW and a fairly clean signal for those looking for more channels to hook up amp, EQs, linedrivers ect. Ideally in a SQ word no! But doable and just passing info on to those who care or are curious. For rear fill i used Y-cables to run both my T400-4s. One for the front doors & the other for the rear doors for rear fill. It worked! Rear door speakers mounted low enough to have front seats to block the rear stage from doing anything but make rear fill. And when sitting in the back there loud and clear enough to not hear the front speakers. So i am happy with my experiment, going active made these T2s go alive and this head unit is amazing. I know i loose some functions from how i set it up and i am ok with that. The other way i had it was off a Pioneer Deh1300 HU(CHeap HU) with a LC7 linedriver for front & rear. Front was passive & Bi-amped, rear i was using 2chs from the T400-4 for a set of T1652s in rear deck. Horrible sound stage with them there. So i vastly improved my system and with the ability for midbass drivers i know i can enhance the system that much better.

Thanks for reading and any comments are welcomed.

Im going to be running 4 way active with my 80prs, subs, midbass, mids, tweets.

Sub out will be 240hz lp split to pac-lc1 for subs. Sub amp will take care of lpf for subs @ 80hz.

The mid bass will be run off a different amp (not through the pac-lc1) with band pass ability which will take care of the Hpf side of the mid bass, maybe 60hz or something.

then the mids of course get the band pass and tweeters get the high pass.

Crossover points are of course all up in the air till things are installed and tested.

what signal did you use for rear fill? and uh, why are you using a separate crossover for you midbass if the headunit has it built in? and why on earth are you using line drives with 5v preouts?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Y-cables run 2 T400-4 amps for front and rear speakers. Clarion 2/3 crossover to adjust midbass seprately in future in kicker panels.

ive heard good things about this deck. does 5V over 4V make that large of a difference to warrant an upgrade? how are the cross overs on this unit, i read that they have some what limiting settings for the high and low caps of mid range/tweets.

nothing, gutted

I am no expert but i know you have more adjustability in NW mode than STD. Everyone who has it that i have read is really happy with it. The SQ of the HU is amazing and if it all starts @ the HU its a must buy IMO.

Archived