So Itunned my HU and amps today.. My mids and highs sound crazy good ! wow.. My sub on the other hand is so weak and sounds like garbage, like the sub has reverse polarity( Hitting Backwords )the sub hardly moves . I used the 0db on HU and -5 for bass amp, 80hz with a cc-1. On the HU my eq was set to zero on every band,No Loud,No Boost,Sub Line on 0,sub frequency durring tunning 200 and -18db< where i normaly have it. On the Amp the gain was down,Frequ was all the way up, Punch EQ was off...Am i Doing something wrong ? I feel like this sub should be banging being its only 500 rms and the amp should be giving it double the power....IDK I did this twice thinking it was user error...

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

So you tuned this with a DD-1 or just CC-1? I'm curious if you left all your gains all the way down or something like that. I'm rereading this over an over to try and make sense of it all. can you try and break it down step by step for me please

Might have used the wrong track, level 0 -5 -10, since you already know what level your H/U clips at just adjust the sub level on the gain till it gets no louder and starts distorting and back off a tad, if you aren't sure the DD is doing what you think it should.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

OK.

HU

Set EQ to Flat

Turned Sub Line to 0

High and low Pass filters All the way up

Checked all other settings Loud(Off),SLA 0

I didnt change the slops on SUB,LPF or,HPF in order -18,-12-12

Sub Amp,

Disconected speaker wires

Turned gain down

Turned punch eq down

Frque all the way UP

Back to head unit, vol to zero , played 0db at 40 set to repeat.

turned volume to 61 where it clipped, backed off to 60< clean( Through RCAs)

switched to -5db track Turned gain up until distortion,Backed down to clean.Through speaker +

Disconected dd-1, Hooked up CC-1. 80hz track on disc 1, got a signal,set the signal, Calabrated the signal.

disconected CC-1. Went to my head unit turned sub frequ to 63 -18 slope backed the sub line to -8 where it normaly is , moved LPF from 50 to 80..

Put some music on...turned sub line up to 0 while playing...I tried decaf,psyph,RR and some rock music.....

Started over...same results

Got pissed

Poste d here..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here