Video: MB Quart ONX216 SQ test <--- Installed New Video added

I just got my components as well, too bad I can't do a sound check

hIY21pY.jpg

Sweet man, those look really nice!

Can you not hook them up on a home receiver?

All I had left to test mine before I put them in the car was the crappiest cd player that had speaker inputs on it, lol

I was also going to mention, I took my road trip today and was driving a good 3 hours, these kept up with the bass much better, and can be turned up much louder than than the factory components I took out (of coarse) But considering the HU is 50x4 aka like 14 or 15 watts x 4, they are doing really good. Can't wait to amp them.

XS-power1.jpg

Trying to find some decent speakers but don't know what to get. I'm going to shops because of their warranties and don't really know any good commerical brand stuff. Was thinking Type R's or something. idk.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Thanks! I will be hooking them up free-air in my car tomorrow, was just too late tonight when I got them. I will also be trying them out with my Rainbow tweeters once they arrive.

Getting your money's worth out of speakers is tough considering all the marketing garbage surrounding them. As a general rule you cannot go wrong with all but the worst speakers, all of my favorite sets have been cheapos (relatively) and I have owned more expensive stuff. The ones I just bought are $300 (can be had for less than $200) and they annihilate anything I have had the chance to demo in their price range and can hold their own against many $400-1000 speaker sets. The set that purplesyrup just bought is the same way, $80 and badass, I never spend much on mids/highs just do your research you can find some deals.

I'm gonna hate

i have the same sets in my doors.. 2per door on a rf400.4 and the y get loud...they get a lil muddy in the midbass area...but im no tuning expert.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Thanks! I will be hooking them up free-air in my car tomorrow, was just too late tonight when I got them. I will also be trying them out with my Rainbow tweeters once they arrive.

Getting your money's worth out of speakers is tough considering all the marketing garbage surrounding them. As a general rule you cannot go wrong with all but the worst speakers, all of my favorite sets have been cheapos (relatively) and I have owned more expensive stuff. The ones I just bought are $300 (can be had for less than $200) and they annihilate anything I have had the chance to demo in their price range and can hold their own against many $400-1000 speaker sets. The set that purplesyrup just bought is the same way, $80 and badass, I never spend much on mids/highs just do your research you can find some deals.

Definitely, the way I shopped and chose these, I saw them for a great deal, then I gave myself a $150 limit and tried to find a comp set with a frequency response that was just as good. Could not find anything, which was 40hz - 32k hz My reasoning, if everything I get has a frequency response that can overlap eachother, then when I get everything on amp power, I will be able to tune the system nicely and easier, and not risk lacking anywhere.

Also

Heres a clip from the video of the MB's doing work. No other speakers but this set on in this clip.

Sorry about the sound clarity on the video below, I had it cranked and the mic could not handle it.

"When I comment and say "that might have been sistorted like crazy" I am referring to the mic on my phone.

if you have some good headphones of computer speakers, it does pick up the midbass well, but cannot handle these tweets, lol

This is a small clip from the "Installation of component set" video posted in the "Bass Tasting" thread.

XS-power1.jpg

Definitely, the way I shopped and chose these, I saw them for a great deal, then I gave myself a $150 limit and tried to find a comp set with a frequency response that was just as good. Could not find anything, which was 40hz - 32k hz My reasoning, if everything I get has a frequency response that can overlap eachother, then when I get everything on amp power, I will be able to tune the system nicely and easier, and not risk lacking anywhere.

Also

Heres a clip from the video of the MB's doing work.

Sorry about the sound clarity on the video below, I had it cranked and the mic could not handle it.

This is a small clip from the "Installation of component set" video posted in the "Bass Tasting" thread.

Have a link to where you got them? Have a specific model number on these?

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

MB Quart ONX216 from Sonic Electronix, they raised the price like $2.00 the day after I bought them, but now they are $77 Shipped, you get them in abour 4-5 days.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23077_MB-Quart-ONX216-ONX-216.html

Edit: There was some other site that had them for $69.99 shipped, I will spend the $7.00 extra because

I only shop at places I know I will get what I order, my Fiance has lost about $1,000 on 2 different buys on the net because she went with the places that had the cheapest price, these types of scam places give great costumer service, make you feel comfortable, and then they get the money, and we never get anything, and the number is disconnected within a week, bastards

LOL she is banned from internet shopping.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived