new computer build! pics last page

Only thing I would change is the GPU. The AMD HD 7850 seems to be the best Bang for Buck right now. And it's even cheaper than that 660. And this model card offers superior cooling as well. Also it has better performance scaling with overclocking over the gtx 660.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004

I totally agree with you on that, but do you know how much CUDA will help him on rendering to see if 660 is justifiable? I don't cause I am running a stupid 6970m...

Kikazz if you are worried about driver stability AMD has made that one of their highest priorities. I would say you would be completely safe, that is if you install everything correctly. I love AMD just the CUDA is the only reason the 660 has ripped the scale for me.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

The whole driver issue is a thing of the past with AMD. They've really kicked it up and fixed all that shit. It's as good as Nvidia's now. And well shit, totally forgot about the Rendering thing. Brb.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Okay so I googled it a bit. People are saying that using Hardware Acceleration such as CUDA for rendering, hurts the quality. Whereas if you don't use CUDA, you get some better quality, just takes a little longer.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23836.page;jsessionid=1446D06032F6097045EDAF97949142DE

Here's my honest opinion. I would rather have more framerate in my games even if that means I have to wait a little bit longer to render things, and meanwhile I would be getting better quality out of my renders or whatever. But if you get the CUDA, you'll have the speed for rendering, but when you go to play your games, you best believe it's gonna get annoying and hard to play when your screen is chopping more than if you would have the AMD card. Just my .02.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Okay so I googled it a bit. People are saying that using Hardware Acceleration such as CUDA for rendering, hurts the quality. Whereas if you don't use CUDA, you get some better quality, just takes a little longer.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23836.page;jsessionid=1446D06032F6097045EDAF97949142DE

Here's my honest opinion. I would rather have more framerate in my games even if that means I have to wait a little bit longer to render things, and meanwhile I would be getting better quality out of my renders or whatever. But if you get the CUDA, you'll have the speed for rendering, but when you go to play your games, you best believe it's gonna get annoying and hard to play when your screen is chopping more than if you would have the AMD card. Just my .02.

That would make sense about rendering. Plus I know for a fact that after having a gaming worthy computer OP will play some games other than just Inventor. And fr what I have seen, I like the color reproduction of AMD cards more than nVidea. It's a deeper richer cooler, while nVidea is a bright pop. I am sure that with the right color calibration that you can get it however you like, I just like AMD's out of the box colors a lot better.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Well any of the games I play aren't great quality. Css, world of tanks, war thunder, runescape. But should I go amd then or just keep nvidia for the cuda for rendering?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I've never been ati or amd fanboy but this can be a all amd build

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

Go for it man :) You'll start to get into heavier games too, now that you have the ability to.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Would it be worth the extra $40 to get a 7870ghz over a 7850?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

Nothing wrong with an all AMD rig. Great company, great customer service (all though for GPU's you deal with the partners instead of AMD), and the drivers are amazing.

And you better max the crap out of Runescape with that rig.

Archived