Second Skin Audio

Check this crap out!!! Last page

I didn't tune mine to 73, I tuned it to 49 Hz. You have to feed these things port area, therefore I to have a lot of surface area. 220 inches should be a good number. Im not modeling this enclosure in WINISD, Im going from known tuning that works for the vehicle and 4th orders. The sealed side should lend a LOT to the way this enclosure sounds and Im stuffing it as TIGHTLY as possible with Polyfill. I've done my homework on this enclosure and it really should perform well.

you're right I looked at it wrong. 49hz sealed right? and around 53hz ported?.

You know what's up...if its to much port! And "if" its easier to shrink ..carry on.

yes it is easier to shrink the port :)

Yes sir, you had me like in a cold sweat at work(I work nights so I didn't have my computer or my calculations readily available. I THINK I've got this enclosure thing nailed ;)

Well....I hope so anyways, since the inner shell is made. I just need to get some big ass dowels and paint then and cut them to length. I can just the last the cat out of the bag now. Im going to paint the inside of the box WHITE, so it lets in as much light as possible from the inside of the cab(might go with some blue LEDS on the wall towards the bed/cab of the INSIDE 90 corner out of sight to kind of illuminate the inside). I've got this idea to do some barber pole stripes on the braces in like red/black, blue/silver, black/silver. I'm undecided on color but thought it would be cool to paint my bracing. No one hardly ever gives their bracing any love, well Im all about giving it some love. Any other ideas/suggestions, Im open to hear them :)

Thank you for looking guys, it's nice to know I have support. I'll need it come time to do the surgery. I'm pretty much ok with this process now, the fear is pretty much gone.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got such ADD, and haven't touched anything in the enclosure at all. Instead, I've installed HIDs, and a rollpan. I'm currently fiberglassing the pan into the truck. That part is done actually, Im doing body fill now and trying to make my seam disappear. It's looking good so far. I'll post pics later :)

sic...

you do such killer work man.... love it..

Why thank you sir...I see a shell is coming out very nicely as well. I wack it every time I see updates on your build. My biggest obstacle now, is the approval of the girlfriend. She's too damn smart to try to sell her on it, or make her think it was HER idea. She's made a deal with me and I have to follow through before I get the green light on cutting the hole.

lol..

seems fair, and seems you have the relationship thing covered, and figured out.

supper pumped to see your vision come to light.

(oh, and thanks for the words on my project,.. i have the slightest idea, of what im doing, and how im doing it....Really)

I had a passenger tweet cutting out so I pulled the door panel to investigate. I've always had issues with passenger side tweeters, from blowing, to cutting out, to xover issues. I use quick disconnects to be able to pull the door panel off and away, since I frequently have my doors off for one reason or another. It never gets old looking at a sound deadened door. On a side note, this is really turning more into my build log, unofficially. The xovers were picked up from HunterJohnson for like $20 a while back. Pics:

20130521_111418.jpg

20130521_111414.jpg

20130521_111431.jpg

I've had the same problem with my tweets, i think the problem is where the crossovers are mounted because i have mine inside the doors as well

Also this is looking like a build log haha

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Archived