Second Skin Audio

Check this crap out!!! Last page

Any updates?

If I can get time this weekend there will be :)

I have been staring at the wood for quite some time now. I've got to also finish glassing in the rollpan and getting that thing perfect. I just hope this damned thing is worth it :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You need to hurry before it gets hot

Hot doesn't bother me. I do most of my work at night in a well-lit garage. Since I'm a night owl, most of the build occurs arty night as well. I'm just excited to hear the thing play. I might have to have Rick come over and supervise and point his fingers in different directions.

Thank you for the interest in the build. I'd really like to keep it primarily a Fosgate build. I would like to get a T2500 at some point to run these subs. I'm keeping my eyes open for them.

Decided to try something different. So I've been fighting with this dang port for a few weeks to get the finish I want and it's just NOT happening. I feel crippled without my compressor and 80 gallon tank on reserve to shoot through a gun. I thought, let's try some roll on enamel: Bingo, we have a winner!

Sexiness shots:

20130603_012826.jpg

20130603_012822.jpg

20130603_012853.jpg

20130603_012858.jpg

20130603_012927.jpg

20130603_020322.jpg

20130603_020317.jpg

20130603_020317.jpg

20130603_020416.jpg

It's not perfect by any means, but it IS going to be the finish I'm after. This is the first of many coats and clear will go on after. I've got air bubbles and not enough coverage so far, but I took many swipes, so that explains the bubbles. I'll sand them out, re apply some more coats, sand some more, than shoot some clear. I'm pretty happy so far, beats the HELL out of spray paint.

Dang I thought you cut the hole you tease. Lol looks good man keep it up!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Archived