Second Skin Audio

Kicker ain't half bad

Talking about kicker and taking power, I had a pair of the 12s comps the new ones out. That I got for free, I ran a ppi 2k Sedona on them for fun with gain all the way up bass boost all the way up! Just clipping the shit out if them! And they wouldn't die! But was @2ohm for 1600 rms and In sealed box, but them sub are only 150 rms lol after I couldn't kill them I sold them to a friend for 120$ lol and he still has them!

lol

I put a polk carbon 500 watt amp 350 @ 4ohms to a pioneer sub rates at 150, it would bottom out the sub but it never got smelly. Funny how those cheap sub take abuse so well.

i have 2 old school kicker 12s from like around 2000 and they are the regular comp single 4 ohms and i run them hard in a ported prefab box on a soundstream rubicon 600.2 and these things take a beating. never get hot. in all not bad when you consider i payed 20 bucks for them with the box. lol. they sound great in my blazer. but i just ordered 2 hfx12d4 hifonics and will be replacing the kickers with them and the amp with a db drive 1200.1. should be a nice upgrade :)

damn!

x2. That's a bit hot

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

The worst part is that when I first got the amp it lasted about a month, blew one hot summer day and puffed smoke for me..took it out, no burns, sent it off for repair, got a dd-1, set it once i got it back, and somehow it still burnt my carpet? Ok logic lol

I used to have the cvt12 kickers and feed them a t1000bd at 1ohm they took it all day and trust me people around my area buys stuff from wal mart thinking it is the jam.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

i had a kicker 350.2 that almost caught my truck on fire. since then i have always mounted my amps to a board of mdf and raised them about an inch for airflow.

Archived