Loud01Blazer Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 Looking to upgrade my mids and highs, a while back the stocks blew and just put in some cheap pioneer 6x8's to get me by until my subs were installed. I'm wanting something loud and clear probably in the 150-200 dollar range. The speaker size is 6x8 but i can run 5 1/4's also just have to buy the bracket. Tried to find other explorer builds but came up short when it came to mids/highs most of them went the cheap way like i did, so any help would be great! 2004 Ford Explorer Limited Mechman 270 Amp alt.(6)Sundown SA-10'sIncriminator Audio 40.1(2)Stinger SPV-2150'sAll Knu Flex Wire
KMS Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 Are you able to get a bracket to fit 6.5's? If so I'd go that route. Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
Loud01Blazer Posted March 17, 2013 Author Report Posted March 17, 2013 I"m not sure. I'll look into it. I know they make a 6x8 to 5 1/4. not sure on 6.5's though. I'm sure i could fab something up if need be. 2004 Ford Explorer Limited Mechman 270 Amp alt.(6)Sundown SA-10'sIncriminator Audio 40.1(2)Stinger SPV-2150'sAll Knu Flex Wire
larrys95civic Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 Most explorers can fit a 6.5 but here is what most of us do http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/15-fabrication-fiberglass-etc/ Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
bcbrassard Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 For sure 6.5 IMO if you want good components, otherwise some high end 6x8 coax speakers but it shouldnt be to hard to make something work.
Watch the bass Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 http://www.woofersetc.com/c-40-65.aspx?manufacturerid=134 "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
bcbrassard Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 Those sundowns are pretty low on the RMS ratings.
KMS Posted March 18, 2013 Report Posted March 18, 2013 Those sundowns are pretty low on the RMS ratings. One reason I strayed away. But only to 20rms more. :\ Didn't get them also because the tweet looks very standard. Most likely harsh. Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
bassinyerface Posted March 18, 2013 Report Posted March 18, 2013 I run rf t1 comps. I like em alot. They get real loud and in my opinion not harsh at all. But i do jear the t2 lines tweeters are more of a mellow sounnd so ya. My .02 goodluck! 2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.