Sonic Electronix

Is it okay to lay new deader over this?

This is the deadener that is on my floors, Factory oem stuff.

003-3_zpsb0e79bbb.jpg

It's cracked in a few places, but it seems stuck pretty good. I was just wonder if it would be ok to lay SS damplifier over the top or just i just dig in a scrape it all up and start fresh? When i rap on it it really doesn't seem like it is doing all that much to be honest.

I'd leave it alone. with that material and all the ridges in the metal, it wont do a lot of good for all the work you'll need to do. if you want to block out road noise then maybe some of the other foam products from SS will help a little. I'd use spectrum on the under body before I ripped up all that stuff.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm not positive what product would help more. I assume the closed cell foam would do the most good but I dont have personal experience with it. the spectrum helps though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I've seen it removed with dry ice and a sledge hammer but it looked like a PITA IMO

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Since i had a $60 store credit on crescendo i used it to buy a trunk pack of murdermat. I'm going to scrape up this stuff and then use the heat gun and lay the murdermat down on the floor. I would have just bought more second skin, but since i got 20sqft for like 19 bucks i figured why not.

Also, secondskin told me i could go right over this if it is still stuck good. So i guess i will test that first.

We shall see...

Archived