Sundown Audio

remote wire options

arcaudioman

It was for the OP bro, and he's wiring into the cars fusebox which in most cars is directly connected to the bcm/vcm. I'm trying to help create a learning environment instead of just giving out the answers lol.

It was for the OP bro, and he's wiring into the cars fusebox which in most cars is directly connected to the bcm/vcm. I'm trying to help create a learning environment instead of just giving out the answers lol.

Understood brother ... I didn't read the entire thread until now ... And I agree with you.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ok I'm confused, 1st you said

Im doing installs for side cash right now so im doing all kinds of cars I just did the fuse box thing (radio fuse)
to a 2012 camaro

Now your saying

I wouldn't go to the fuse box, I just think that's sketchy in general, I generally tie into the ignition wire behind stock deck. Anyone disagree with that method? :shrug:

Depending how you " tie" into the ignition wire, that should be ok.

I did the radio fuse thing cuz one of my friends suggested it, I didn't like it and I tie in with one of those connectors that swollow the wire and the end of a new wire and cuts the insulation on the wire when you pinch it

Can't say I'm a fan of T-tap connectors. I usually de-pin the radio connector and add a remote wire that way, but his way will also work, found these pics on another forum since pictures are easier than trying to explain it.

You simply want to strip back the insulation on the wire you need WITHOUT cutting any of the copper wires themselves. Then use a pointed tool to poke through the copper strands and make an eye.
splice7e.jpg

Then simply thread your new wire through the eye.
splice8.jpg

Then close up the eye and wrap your new wire around it. Make sure to have the new wire run along side the factory wire. Ideally, you would now solder this to ensure a solid connection and prevent it from ever wiggling free. But I know 75% of readers are not going to do this.
splice9.jpg

Wrap the connection with some high quality electrical tape (even if you soldered obviously). Pull/stretch the tape tight while you're wrapping. You can throw a zip tie around the tape, just for insurance, if you'd like.
splice10.jpg

Archived