Sundown Audio

remote wire options

arcaudioman

Switched ignition wire?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

some nicer converters have a remote wire built in.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

I say the ignition wire.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

the easiest solution is a nice loc with the remote wire relay built in, but next best thing is accessory at the back of the stereo if your car has one with enough amperage or the ignition wire at the ignition harness again if it has enough amperage because a lot of the newer cars have low amperage ignitions and if you connect to it it will blow a fuse or worse. What car do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

If some does the stock deck with rca hi level converter from speaker wires what are some remote wire options?

Im doing installs for side cash right now so im doing all kinds of cars I just did the fuse box thing (radio fuse)

to a 2012 camaro

No offense but if you have to ask for some "remote wire options" maybe you shouldn't be doing installs on the side, especially on a 2012 Camaro.

And as stated above running a jumper wire to a fuse in fuse panel isn't a good idea. They are fused for a specific amperage draw and can be easily overloaded.

Question, when would you put in a relay or diode?

My headunit's remote wire turns on and off 3 class A/B amps and 4 strands of LEDs in the amp rack with no problems ...

However ... If I was to install any more than that, I would add a relay to the remote wire circuit ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived