center pod is done for the tweeters. sorry it has been awhile, but customers first.

dash trim is ringed and ready to be covered. I will be making fiberglass removable grilles once I resin the trim. if anyone has dealt with the new chargers you know there is zero room between the dash and lower windshield. here is my pain:

audio004.jpg

audio003.jpg

audio002.jpg

they are bottom and topped for strength. the center stills needs routed out to size in this picture. the problem is the speakers have to be top loaded and still meet the space limits of the windshield. hence the need for low pro grilles.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

• 2 weeks later...

Innovative. I have seen people create pods with great stuff. Tuned in for sure.

actually got a customer car out this weekend and touched my project today. took my template and made a plug for my center channel lower section. this will sit below the surface of the dash trim bolted to the dash structure. then the trim will have an upper grille that covers this pod.

glued density foam to the plug. then shaped in so that the center channel tweeters angle up and towards the windshield completing the stereo effect for each passenger in the front.

today001.jpg

today002.jpg

today003.jpg

today004.jpg

then I sanded all the angles. cut the tweeter locations. resin applied to make it solid.

today005.jpg

today006.jpg

today008.jpg

tomorrow, a little finish sanding and I will fire up the oven. I will be vacuum molding lexan over this plug to make the pod. then I will attach the pod to the wood plug and attach it to the dash structure. nice, smooth, lightweight tweeter pod. fill it with polyfill and start on the outer grille. I will post more tomorrow. to late tonight for the forming. input always welcome.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

• 2 weeks later...

got some work done today... sorry for the delay. spend the last few weekends on everyone else's stuff.

center channel lexan pod complete and wrapped. ready to go back into the dash. houses two imagining tweeters:

015.jpg

014.jpg

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

onto the dilemma. getting these 4" midranges into the dash. ringed them first. cut second ring which will be wrapped in grille cloth to be the outer grille when complete.

010.jpg

then wrapped the outer edge in low temp plastic to form the ring. made the plastic ring high enough for the ring, speaker, and final grille.

009.jpg

008.jpg

speaker installed

011-1.jpg

and finally with what will be the grille

013.jpg

012.jpg

to finish it off I will be wrapping the entire dash piece and fiberglass it. I didn't want to take this route, but due to the ring height it is my only choice now. plus with the texas sun beating down on the dash all day long the fiberglass/paint route will keep it looking nice without fading. looking to paint it black with flattening agent in the clear to reduce glare.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

• 2 weeks later...

not much has changed on the actual build. been busy lately at work. finished all the dash rings. equipment has changed though. sold the soundstreams. hard to manage the double five channels against the outputs on the MS8. these came in today:

amp001.jpg

amp003.jpg

amp004.jpg

amp005.jpg

little cleaner looking with the black in my car. one amp for the tweeters, the other three manage each set of speakers. size is a little better also. a lot smaller than the soundstreams. read good things about the newer PPI stuff. we will see.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

does this car have some sort of volt regulator? buddy of mine has the same car he just dropped a mechman alt in there and 2 xs batts. he's only on like 1.5k right now he's using the rf t2500 but the gains are set very low. but everytime the bass hits fairly hard the amp redlines (built in volt meter on amp) but by looking at the volt meter from alt to battery it never goes lower then 13.0. but amp is redlining and getting hot. is there some sort of reason mabe all the power isnt reaching the amp when he needs it?

i dont wanna jack the thread, feel free to pm me if need be. i just rarely see a build involving chargers and i would like to get this figured out.

I have done both my 2011 challenger and multiple chargers of all years. I have never heard of an issue like yours. I have seen lights dimming due to early charger wiring, but never the opposite. without seeing the car in front of me I can only speculate. the new cars are can-bus, multiple computer controlled, but he is pulling directly from the battery for the amps. this wouldn't trigger anything from dodge. my challenger has four amps pulling without hesitation off of an upgraded alternator and one kinectic cell. check the install first (wire size, grounds, alt. install), then have the equipment looked at (if you are seeing 13.0v at the battery?). not saying there is anything wrong, I have just done a lot of dodge products and never heard of this specifically. let me know what you come up with. always adding new knowledge to the toolbox.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

I have done both my 2011 challenger and multiple chargers of all years. I have never heard of an issue like yours. I have seen lights dimming due to early charger wiring, but never the opposite. without seeing the car in front of me I can only speculate. the new cars are can-bus, multiple computer controlled, but he is pulling directly from the battery for the amps. this wouldn't trigger anything from dodge. my challenger has four amps pulling without hesitation off of an upgraded alternator and one kinectic cell. check the install first (wire size, grounds, alt. install), then have the equipment looked at (if you are seeing 13.0v at the battery?). not saying there is anything wrong, I have just done a lot of dodge products and never heard of this specifically. let me know what you come up with. always adding new knowledge to the toolbox.

ok man thanks alot for the reply. ill have to check it out with him. but i just thought it was weird. he's using knu zero gauge ran from the alt(mechman) back to the xs batt in the back which there is 2 of. cant figure why the amp gets so hot. but i will check it over when i see him. and see if i can let you know anything else

Archived