Second Skin Audio

Need opinions on decent CHEAP 15's please

plex_love

ok so i checked out a few videos of those q power subs and seems like they are rockin the vehicles to the max, which is weird cuz they look like pieces of junk....but idk...if i was to go with those i would just go ahead and buy 4 of them, pay 351 to my door and there is no way that 4 of those in an avalanche with bout 12 cube ported box tuned to 32hz wont be loud as hell!

I'm love bbc

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I have searched and cant really find ANY reviews on these subs...from what i can find they are about equal to the sundown e series except with a rubber surround...which would be better for spl? i would imagine sundown would still win that contest but if these bottom end skars bump i might grab em up!

I'm love bbc

Stop being a cheapass and up your budget. This isn't a cheap hobby, period. From the comments Im reading from you, I don't think any of us can help you. Buy whatever subs you can for budget and convince yourself afterwards that you've made a good decision. Im not even going to respond to most of your uninformed comments except one.You said there is NO way a single $300 15" subwoofer can be as loud as 3 cheap subs, that is wrong. There is a VERY good chance you can be louder with 1. You have motor force, and Xmax which can all lead to displacement of air, which is EXACTLY what we want in this game. A single badass 15" with plenty of motor force, power handling, and Xmax can can easily out perform 3 entry level, low power handling, low xmax subs.

As far as pissing people off, I'm a respectful basshead and many others on the forum are too. You ARE what gives our enjoyable hobby a good name. It sounds to me as though you're either young,

or hardheaded.Please read more and learn a thing or two before continuing on your current path.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Stop being a cheapass and up your budget. This isn't a cheap hobby, period. From the comments Im reading from you, I don't think any of us can help you. Buy whatever subs you can for budget and convince yourself afterwards that you've made a good decision. Im not even going to respond to most of your uninformed comments except one.You said there is NO way a single $300 15" subwoofer can be as loud as 3 cheap subs, that is wrong. There is a VERY good chance you can be louder with 1. You have motor force, and Xmax which can all lead to displacement of air, which is EXACTLY what we want in this game. A single badass 15" with plenty of motor force, power handling, and Xmax can can easily out perform 3 entry level, low power handling, low xmax subs.

As far as pissing people off, I'm a respectful basshead and many others on the forum are too. You ARE what gives our enjoyable hobby a good name. It sounds to me as though you're either young,

or hardheaded.Please read more and learn a thing or two before continuing on your current path.

Ok idiot, dont come on here talking trash because you "think" you know something about car audio...im 31 and have been installing since i was 16, im not hard headed nor young, you are naive though if you think having an EXTREMELY loud system is in any way, shape, or form "respectful"! And i know how subs work and i know the process of making sound/noise. and the cone area of 3 15's with 20mm xmax equals more motor force and air movement than 1 15 with 35mm xmax... 3 of them would in essence have 60mm xmax combined therfore crush 1 good 15....and im not looking for "crap" or "starter" subs, im looking to find a good deal on decent subs which happens all the time, just like on my other thread a guy said his friend just sold 3 15 sundown sa's for like 280...which would have been more than enough for me...like ive said before, i dont care to be the loudest guy on earth or enter comps, just wanna be hittin close to the 150 mark whcih is EASILY possible with 3 15's of almost any brand if in the right box with the right power!

So you need to keep YOUR uninformed information to yourself, you just come off as stupid...and im sure a lot of you memebrs are gonna be all butt hurt about my comments and try to stick up for this turd just cuz hes been here longer but i could give two shits and if you have a problem i will just delete my account. I came here for FRIENDLY advice, not douchebags who have nothing better to do than run their mouths!

I can NOT up my budget so why would you even bring that up? not everyones rich!

I'm love bbc

I have searched and cant really find ANY reviews on these subs...from what i can find they are about equal to the sundown e series except with a rubber surround...which would be better for spl? i would imagine sundown would still win that contest but if these bottom end skars bump i might grab em up!

I had a pair on 1k for a couple months. They sound great, move a little air, and definitely do the job on a budget. I would highly recommend them for someone on a budget like yourself.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

Ok idiot, dont come on here talking trash because you "think" you know something about car audio...im 31 and have been installing since i was 16, im not hard headed nor young, you are naive though if you think having an EXTREMELY loud system is in any way, shape, or form "respectful"! And i know how subs work and i know the process of making sound/noise. and the cone area of 3 15's with 20mm xmax equals more motor force and air movement than 1 15 with 35mm xmax... 3 of them would in essence have 60mm xmax combined therfore crush 1 good 15....and im not looking for "crap" or "starter" subs, im looking to find a good deal on decent subs which happens all the time, just like on my other thread a guy said his friend just sold 3 15 sundown sa's for like 280...which would have been more than enough for me...like ive said before, i dont care to be the loudest guy on earth or enter comps, just wanna be hittin close to the 150 mark whcih is EASILY possible with 3 15's of almost any brand if in the right box with the right power!

So you need to keep YOUR uninformed information to yourself, you just come off as stupid...and im sure a lot of you memebrs are gonna be all butt hurt about my comments and try to stick up for this turd just cuz hes been here longer but i could give two shits and if you have a problem i will just delete my account. I came here for FRIENDLY advice, not douchebags who have nothing better to do than run their mouths!

I can NOT up my budget so why would you even bring that up? not everyones rich!

You obviously already have all the answers. Why are you here again? :WTFBubble:

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

its all about the box, and i haven't heard much talk about what box these will be in. I hope you have a good idea of what your doing in the box area of this build. let me guess your going to use a prefab and expect to get loud...?

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

alpine type-s 15, Lanzar max 15

woofer-lanzar-max-15-potencia-b52_MLA-F-12.JPG

the alpines are $118 and 500w rms

the lanzars are $80 a piece with unknown rms

these represent the hi and low for your price range. can't expect much more for the price.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash