Second Skin Audio

Need opinions on decent CHEAP 15's please

plex_love

obsidians are only $139.99 right now on pre order and they are beasts!!

Yeah i know they are they come to like $190 after shipping, cant order them anywhere else that i have found...either way after they got loosened up a lil they are crushing!

I'm love bbc

Haha, OP you're TOO funny. You called me uninformed, a turd, a douchebag, and stupid. You also mentioned something about deleting your own account. Well at the rate you're going, that won't even be your choice, it will be chosen for you by an admin or a Mod. I too, am 31 years old and have been installing since I was 18. Nowhere in my response to you did I name call or put you down. As far as having others "stick up" for my "turd" self, again, hahaha. I am a well respected regular poster on this forum. I've built boxes for some on here and have plenty of advice to others.

Like my original observation, you are clearly hardheaded. You mentioned something about one of these cheap subs you seek having 20 MM of Xmax, good luck. Most cheaper subs.well not have that kind of xmax, nor will they have any kind of crazy motor force. You'd be lucky to even get a 2.5" coil for under and up to $100. As far as used, like you said, yeah an SA12 used would work for sure if you could find at that price. Not every day do you find used Sundown SAs for THAT good if a price. You were lucky to have found the ones you did. With a strict budget like you have, waiting around for the perfect deal to pop up its probably the best option.

Good luck with your build

Who is OP? I just got back on here to update you guys on my "cheap" system. I got 2 BRAND NEW in the box 18" obsidian v2 d4's from an idiot who thought he was gonna fit them in his civic hatchback...paid $175 for both. Bought an ssl 5000 watt am for $139...now i know ssl are pretty shitty amps but this this works perfect for these subs. I built a 13.2 cubic ft slot ported box tuned to 28hz built into my midgate of my avalanche....originally i had them in a 10cube box tuned to 35hz and it hit 151.2, only hitting 149.5 in this box but holy hell, the lows will tear you apart!

So for all of you saying it couldnt be done, well you can kiss my ass...its loud enough to set off every car alarm i drive by so i think i accomplished what i was going for. And also, dont run your mouths off about obsidian until you give them a go. I can honestly say they are almost identical to sundown sa series except with a larger motor....def a LOT louder than my sa15's were!

OP means the original poster. So let's get this strait. You bumped your old post that had you looking like a jagoff insulting members on the forum to say how you practically "fleeced" some kid because he got subs wrong for his application? Nobody cares if or what can be done and you can kiss your own ass. Your goal was to set off car alarms? WTF? It's people like you that give us a bad name. Please tell us more about how you piss people off when you drive past them...jagoff.

Listen here you retard. I am sick and tired of hearing you damn idiots talking about "giving us a bad name" and "disrespectful" ALL loud systems give you a bad name and are disrespectful! Not many people are happy when you drive by shaking everything on there walls. And dont tell me you only turn it up on the highway cuz thats a crock! And if you do then you are still pissin the people off all around you!

And i have no clue what the hell you are talking about, i never said anything that wasnt deserved! When someone says you CANT find a system that cheap and then i tell them i can and they get attitude, well then they desreve to be put in their place. Its people like YOU who give you guys a bad name cuz you are prolly a overweight sweaty piece of garbage that compensates with his stereo! So stop acting like you are something special. I simply asked for advice, not a bunch of asshole running their mouths like little school girls!

It doesnt matter HOW i got the setup, all that matters is i got it! Whether it be a sale at a local audio shop, craigslist, or some bum on a corner selling stolen shit...its mine now and i got it cheap so my point was proven! So go have your mommy read you a story and tuck your fat ass into bed and pretend you didnt just get put in your place. Bitch

haha okay tough guy. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

im not trying to be a dick but you havent proved anything yet.. if you can hit 149 with what you have thats cool but if you want to prove people here you will have to show for it with a video.. saying what you do is not prove

i can hit 155 with my (4) 6.5 mid range subs.. it only becomes a cool story

you only gave him a 3 day? what's this, the NEW Dave? shittttt :D

i don't want this idiot back on the forum. PERMA.

funny thing is, as much as i can't stand this little bitch, if he sends me a video of himself doing a 151 (on the new setup) i will let him back in. "12 years ago i did a 149 on 2 Boss 12's" LMAO - I will send the fuck a few boss 12's and a camera...i would love to see that one. Can it be done, in a CRX, by someone with experience? MAYYBE, a LONG SHOT and the subs prob won't last long, but MAYYBE.....but by this guy? HELL NO. I hate people that tell tall tales more then anything else.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived