Glad you decided on the 1/0 by the way...

Yes, you will be fine assuming you buy a good alt. what are you getting?

As long as you buy an alt specific for your vehicle you will be good to go.

yea im gonna solder all my terminals and yea im gonna ground everything correctly im not like some ppl who just try and hurry to get some bass in the car im taking my time on this build and what size fuse should i use i just got 2 packs of 150 anl in the mail today..... this is my first time throwing in a second battery and having a high output alt ..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTERNATOR-HIGH-OUTPUT-HONDA-CIVIC-1-8L-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-160AMP-/261095973939?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008|Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic&hash=item3cca886433&vxp=mtr

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

In all honesty: it looks like a stock alternator.

If DC or Mechman are out of budget, look into companies like Singer or Tenney

yea im gonna solder all my terminals and yea im gonna ground everything correctly im not like some ppl who just try and hurry to get some bass in the car im taking my time on this build

GOOD. There are things you can cut back on for a budget, but basic safety things like connections, fuses, and wiring should never be one of them! Yes, I say safety. Not performance, but safety. A loose connection of an unfused wire can easily burn down your car ;)

yea im gonna solder all my terminals and yea im gonna ground everything correctly im not like some ppl who just try and hurry to get some bass in the car im taking my time on this build and what size fuse should i use i just got 2 packs of 150 anl in the mail today..... this is my first time throwing in a second battery and having a high output alt ..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTERNATOR-HIGH-OUTPUT-HONDA-CIVIC-1-8L-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-160AMP-/261095973939?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2008|Make:Honda|Model:Civic&hash=item3cca886433&vxp=mtr

With those amps and that wire, fuse between 250 and 300A. I personally would not go lower or higher. The link you provided for your alt says it will do 160A. I am just going to assume that is true for the sake of this post, and if that is the case, a 150A fuse is undersized for your set up.

This thread probably belongs in electrical BTW.

yea im new to this alt upgrade shit gives me a damn head ache ..... or maybe my stock 80 alt is good enough?????? <<<<<more like not... but MAYBE??? im only pushing around 11-1200 rms haha ONLY..... really dont wanna spend another 4-500 on a good alt until i do my other build 4 psi 18s platform 3s with 4 t2500bdcp

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

Dude of only 1-1200 watts should be fine on stock alt. might only need an upgraded batt or just add another batt

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived