it will only produce as many amps as needed. if your wiring isn't up to par (say it can only do 100 amps and your alt is putting out 200 because your system wants that?) then YO SHIT CATCHIN ON FIRE SON!!! so obviously do big 3 as well, same time. 1/0 gauge.

Sheena = pedobear

umm im feeling DUMB .... english guys ... lets say i take out my 80 amp alt and throw in a 180 amp alt will my car be ok or do i need some type of relay or some shit ??????

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

You will be fine. You will need upgraded lines for your sound system tho cuz that will draw the most.

Also just make sure you get a 12 v alt not a 16 v alt

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

ok sooooo my setup is going to be a t1000bdcp and a t400.4 running off an xs power d375 in the back and im going to gave a run of 1/0 from fron battery to the back and big three done with 1/0 all rockford power wire so it will be true to spec ???? also will be having the car on every time i play music sooooo... i slap in the alt upgrade big three , have fat ol 1/0 wire from front battery to back and ill be ok ???? sorry if i did not explain very well

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

ok sooooo my setup is going to be a t1000bdcp and a t400.4 running off an xs power d375 in the back and im going to gave a run of 1/0 from fron battery to the back and big three done with 1/0 all rockford power wire so it will be true to spec ???? also will be having the car on every time i play music sooooo... i slap in the alt upgrade big three , have fat ol 1/0 wire from front battery to back and ill be ok ???? sorry if i did not explain very well

Sounds perfectly fine to me.

Just remember:

Fuse everything

Make sure you sand the paint off your grounds

Do not skimp on connections. If this means you have to factor $40 for a blowtorch and some rosin core solder into the build budget, do that. I've been seeing way too many issues lately surrounding poorly attached terminals. A bench vice doesn't do it by the way ;)

Archived