Second Skin Audio

bigger box question

Ryan929

if you look realllllly close he doesnt have the back piece sitting on the bottom..... look for the seam.... hard to see but im pretty sure i see it.

i could be wrong lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Back piece is not on top of the bottom I have it how you have in the picture

Ok that's great, I guess you just cut that piece taller than 24"? anyways you just have to finish assembling all the panels with their bracing before starting to cut the ports and subs holes. The important thing about the port holes is to start your cutout tight and then sand just enough for the pipe to hardly fit then you can just glue. The other two things to consider is that the pipes stick out 3 1/2" and that the holes should be made away from the backwall as possible.

Try to follow the sketch general positioning of all items, exact dimensions are not necessary for anything that is not specified with them, the subs need to be apart about 2", bear in mind that a brace go in between them, make sure to do it, the center of the cutout for the subs is 7 11/16" measured from the bottom end of the sheet this dimension is important since it avoids the motor hitting the back panel. on the ports you just need to cu them 20 1/4 and then leave the 3 1/4 sticking out, the inner length you don't need to worry about, just make sure that the ports stay away from the back wall as possible.

Okay what happens if the ports end up being close to the back because the top piece is only 4 1/2 inches and the pipe is 4 inches inside plus the outer diameter of the pvc which is about a little more than an 1 1/4 inch

Archived