Second Skin Audio

bigger box question

Ryan929

Looking good, well if the ports are too close may keep hitting the back wall as everything flexes a bit, you have the option of running 5 3" ports as well or you can do a brace for the ports (kind of difficult to do). There are many options, it comes down to what solution you think is easier for you.

Well i already cut the PVC how far from the back wall do they need to be? Is it possible to cut into the front piece at the top slightly?

Yes you can do that but cut the holes once the baffle is glued and dry, just try to go a little over 1/4" that would be if the holes were centered. Also I wouldn't try that idea of drilling the back to attach to the ports.

Also I think you cut your baffle a little short since your cuts were not slanted, you have a chance of having leaks, The baffle will take most of the beating and needs to be attached firmly, make really sure you do a great job on it.

Apply sealant to the rest of the box before placing the baffle.

Look definitely good and you did it real fast (let the damn thing dry for a while!), the subs, it seems will be pretty much against the passenger seat, you will need to find a workaround for that, something like bar style sub grills.

I dont have the subs yet ordering them hopefully tomorrow. And i know it needs to dry i was just anxious to see how it would fit so i know how squished i will be lol

I cant wait to see what it sounds like :D

Archived