Need some good component sets

berard_ty

Got 2 3xl 1ohm 15s on 4 lunar l1500s . I got 2 lunar l450s freed up for my mids and highs . I don't want to spend more then I have to. I was thinking a pair of Infiniti kappa 6x8 cs and a pair of kappa 6.5cs for front . It's all going in a kingranch f250 . 09 model . My head is the 7.1 all touchscreen kenwood . It's the one with no buttons.

I'd say if you have a kenwood headunit, why not run Kenwood components ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Most all the kenwood speakers I herd are sharp and high pitch . I got the head unit for the xover and eq capabilities . Not to mention I can tell it what size speakers and location and set phase and dropoff per pair

The Rockford fosgate power series T2 comps are pretty decent. They go for about 200 bucks.

:barf2:

If you don't like sharp and high pitch stay away from the t2 line of rockford. Aluminum tweets, and the mids have a bit of pro-audio-ness sound too them. I mean they really like the 1khz range. So you would be cutting 1k and probably 15k pretty hard to get good sound from them. Then they sound weird.

now, the t1 line from rockford has silk tweets and a different mid range, i haven't heard them but that would probably be a better bet.

Crescendo has the Mezzo's and they are in stock now and still on pre-sale for 189, but they are untested as they are brand new. But they are rated at 150 watts and have a silk dome tweeter.

Hertz, Hybrid Audio, JBL, Focal, Morel, Seas, Dynaudio, and the list can go on and on.

I would try and demo as many sets as you can and fine the ones that appeal the most to you, some sets will sound bright or harsh while others may not have enough upper end to keep up so you will want to listen to as many as you can to make a well informed decision.

My personal preferences are JBL's as a lower cost option that will sound great and take heaps of power, Hertz are my personal favorite for the sound and clarity and ability to bring the vocals out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The Rockford fosgate power series T2 comps are pretty decent. They go for about 200 bucks.

:barf2:

If you don't like sharp and high pitch stay away from the t2 line of rockford. Aluminum tweets, and the mids have a bit of pro-audio-ness sound too them. I mean they really like the 1khz range. So you would be cutting 1k and probably 15k pretty hard to get good sound from them. Then they sound weird.

now, the t1 line from rockford has silk tweets and a different mid range, i haven't heard them but that would probably be a better bet.

Crescendo has the Mezzo's and they are in stock now and still on pre-sale for 189, but they are untested as they are brand new. But they are rated at 150 watts and have a silk dome tweeter.

Metal domes aren't necessarily bad just because they are metal domes. In fact some of the least offensive, smoothest tweeters I have heard are titanium domes. I also have a set of titanium domes that came with my components I would rather not listen to for any reason, so...

I'm gonna hate

Hertz, Hybrid Audio, JBL, Focal, Morel, Seas, Dynaudio, and the list can go on and on.

I would try and demo as many sets as you can and fine the ones that appeal the most to you, some sets will sound bright or harsh while others may not have enough upper end to keep up so you will want to listen to as many as you can to make a well informed decision.

My personal preferences are JBL's as a lower cost option that will sound great and take heaps of power, Hertz are my personal favorite for the sound and clarity and ability to bring the vocals out.

I must agree with this suggestion completely.

I'm gonna hate

Archived