12V & Constant have to be wired together for radio to turn on

I just switched from a Jensen Flip Out and it was connected the same way, Red+Yellow from harness and Red+Yellow from radio connected together. I didn't really mind it because the Jensen saved my EQ settings just not the time.. But on the Pioneer, the EQ or anything doesn't save.. How can I fix this?

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

fix the dead ignition wire in your car and stop taking the ghetto way?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

fix the dead ignition wire in your car and stop taking the ghetto way?

LOL ... I must be getto too cause I have mine set up to where I do not need the ignition switch ...

But its constant so I do not loose anything ...

and did not get any points taken away for it at MECA either ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Trucks like n8ball2013's and mine have a constant hot wire, a switched hot wire, a ground wire in the factory headunit harness, which made things easy ...

I just tied my head units constant and switched wire to the trucks constant wire and capped off the switched wire ...

I would need to know your vehicle better to be able to tell you which wire to use in the harness for what you need ...

You may have to run wires (fused) straight from a constant auxillary location in the main harness ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My accord is the same way. My constant wire does not work and the fuse is fine. I think somewhere there just a bad connection somewhere. I'm too lazy to fix it.

That is your problem not the switched wire. Your settings arent saved because the 12v constant used for memory is dead.

Run a wire from the battery + to the head unit, make sure to fuse it right by the battery and keep it away from pinch points/heat and things like that.

edit:

Although, you may just check the fuses, which may actually be the problem.

Also:

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2003-jeep-grand-cherokee-car-stereo-wiring-diagram/

search for your vehicle there, that might help too.

Also check for a fuze. It may not look bad, but test it with a multi meter to make sure.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

Archived