Second Skin Audio

Subs hitting the seat

Will my DC Audio level 3s get damaged if they hit the back of my seat in my truck?

i would say yes i had the same issue so i flush mounted my subs and put little pieces of wood around the subs to move the seat out if the way not the prettiest but it worked

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Will my DC Audio level 3s get damaged if they hit the back of my seat in my truck?

i would say yes i had the same issue so i flush mounted my subs and put little pieces of wood around the subs to move the seat out if the way not the prettiest but it worked

damn :/ idk if ill have the room to flush mount them but ill see

if not flush mounting what about like a speaker grill and it can just push the back of the seat so it doesnt hit the sub could that work for ya? What truck btw?

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

if not flush mounting what about like a speaker grill and it can just push the back of the seat so it doesnt hit the sub could that work for ya? What truck btw?

single cab 1999 s10 5 speed manual so no center council bc its a bench seat

single cab 1999 s10 5 speed manual so no center council bc its a bench seat
i had the same problen cuz of the bench seat hopefully making a grill ir something like that will fix it good luck man

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

I've run subs for years that hit the back.if the seat and never had one fail because of it. You may experience some surround rub and cosmetic issues, but mechanically the sub should be able to function properly for years mounted like that. Which Level 3s are you wanting to run behind the seats, like what size?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Wouldn't that cause problems with the coil not being able to moving correctly out? Like it stopping the coil from fully moving out.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

How hard are we talking about hitting the seat? like are you not allowing it to move at all? It's got to have some space in front of it, it can't be buried into the back of the seat. You need more room it appears, OP. Also if you're trying to squeeze 2 12s, good luck. I'm not sure what kind of size box you're prepared to build, or legroom you're giving up.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived