2013 Bentley GTC Dynaudio Upgrade Powered by Mosconi AS 200.4 Build Log

yes we use butt connectors, but solder can have issues as well.

We do the install with what we feel is proper. There is no need to sit there and solder everything because when you realize speakers are out of phase or crossed up it a pain to make a quick adjustment and also there is no risk in burning the car or dropping hot solder on very expensive automobile.

Buy every one is entitled to an opinion and i have not seen anyone in a long time attempt and deliver a system in a Bentley done to the level this is done.

Me, I dont know how many times I had to replace a butt connector due to a wire coming out, I guess the person doing the crimp can be part of an issue...

Or for that matter an alarm false triggering, or not working at all due to a scotch-loc.

I actually just dealt with a BMW 328i earlier that day when I posted my comment and someone hacked the headlight, running llight, and turn signal wiring to hell trying to add some cheap aftermarket halo headlights, I was chasing and testing wires for ever trying to figure out what and why they did what they did, and having the stock bmw ballasts flash on and off with the turn signals, the halos only illuminate when you either pushed the brakes or put the car in reverse........ There was wires with scotchl-locs that are falling off, breaks in the wire casing, wires breaking out of butt connectors.

End of the day a soldered and heat shrink wire looks cleaner (imo), especially when you have a massive group of wires, and the large girthy diameter of butt connectors bulging.

But to each their own, and as you said everyone can have their own opinion ;)

I could see crimp caps or butt connectors on some radio harness for some kids beater that is getting something basic, but from the work you guys do, you don't get many of those installs if any. LOL

But I will treat a rust bucket the same as a brand new car off the lot. Im sure you guys where well paid on the install and if by chance a wire was out of phase the couple minutes to redo it wont break the bank.

Also, maybe it will give you an idea, I use a rather thick chunk of leather, not sure what its from but its a great floor mat when your under a dash soldering in an alarm/remote start, or doing some soldering inside a vehicle. just makes a really good drop cloth :D I totally understand accidents happen and thats why you take precautions such as taping up the car in high traffic areas where your working or leaning over something, etc.

As for "anyone in a long time attempting a system of this level in a bently" I will leave you with this very recent install from a FL shop

2011 Bentley Mulsanne (granted its not a 2013) :)

Focal Utopia Kit 7 3-way Front

Focal Utopia WRC Rear

Mosconi 300.2

Mosconi 200.4

Mosconi 200.2

Mosconi 6to8 Processor

JL Audio CleanSweep

3 JL Audio W6V3 subs

little does he know that car is full range and didn't need the JL clean sweep

the 6 to 8 is great for adjustments but yeah all the car is 4 channel out of the stock head.

468x60drc.jpg

Those of you putting down soldering...please provide proof to your statements. I'm pretty sure that 4 yrs of college taught me otherwise, but I'm always open to hearing your rationality behind why soldering is not better than crimping.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

why is people putting there install in on install thread? and there is already a thread about soldering and crimp.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

hater's gonna hate i guess.

Hurts when it comes from other shop owners

But hey, I proud of what we do and the 100-300+ cars we do a month.

20-60 Youtube videos

50+ phone calls a day

and the 2 Bentley we have book from the media presence of this car.

468x60drc.jpg

Archived