150 post to sell Rant

Ahh yes, where to start......................

Lets hit it with your Premium ad first....

We had several reports about the premium ad as well as it being seen long before the reports, but just waiting on clarification on what to do. So it did not go by without issues, you just where not aware ;), however it is a new feature on this site and the issue has never arrived until your premium ad.
Once the answer was giving on how to treat the premium ad features there was no reason to do anything about it because we where told not to worry about the post count since you are paying and we have your info since you paid for that ad, and if someone was to be scammed we would release that info to the buyer that just got ripped off. By no means am I implying you are a scam artist, so dont take that wrong by any means!

So there is your reason why your premium ad was not closed, and or deleted.

Now for your thread you just recently created in the normal forsale forum where you are required to have 150posts minimum.

You created a normal for sale thread without 150 posts. Most users here know to report that, and again we got several reports tonight about that, but again being 3:40am in the morning and Im pretty much the only mod on and not sure which direction to take with it... I dont want to piss off a user that has paid for a previous ad by locking his new thread, nor do I want to let it go and do nothing, or do the wrong thing then have my ass on the line due to my actions when I was just doing what I thought was best..

The other users on this site browsing the classified sections dont know you previously paid for that premium ad, the staff on this site dont know you paid for that other ad, the only way we would know is to look at every premium and standard forsale thread started, and write down which users are using both... We dont have time for that, and is why we urge our members to report brand bashing, rule violations, disturbing topics, etc.. Most users are good at doing this right, a few reallly good ones that are on their toes!!!

Then theres some that think they are "helping" us by telling you the rules and what to do when they know that they should just report the thread and not comment, which just makes more work for us. So no I have to go in your other thread and deal with them other rent-a-mods, give them infractions, report in the mod thread what i did and why, and so on...

Personally I dont think your non paid ad should be allowed since you are violating more then the 150post minimum, you also dont have item pictures with your user name and date, and iirc you didnt have a price, and your advertising your items for sale/trade in your signature.

If we allow you to sell in the normal forsale thread with out the 150posts, we are only going to continue having a mess on our hands every time because we will get some other member trying to tell you that you cant sell here, or a bunch of reports from other users reporting your thread due to the rule violations. Either way a bunch of work for the mod team that is not needed. So for the time being Im going to lock that thread until we get an answer on what to do on another new problem which we have not had yet since this premium ad feature was added, and hope I dont piss you off or the boss man. sound fair?

These rules is put in place to hopefully have active people here that recognize the person posting on the forums, giving advice to others, so people can get a vibe for that person that maybe trying to sell you something.

You can goto any other popular Car Audio forums and you will realize very similar strict rules, and some charge a much larger fee to buy or sell on their site period.
Simple reason for that is people like to scam people.

I was banned from the site that I was a member on for over 4 years, knew the previous owner well, decent friends with one of the admins that was local to me, and had over 2000 posts. My forsale thread for the pair of woofers was all correct, tons of pics along with very detailed information, never scammed anyone there or anywhere and have all positive feedback. Many people knew me there, as well as Im fairly known on youtube, Im not known like meade916 for say, but most enthusiasts at least know of me. But since the new owner bought the site, he enforced a fee to be paid of $5 to sell per thread and I was banned... Just a basic thread every other site offers for free...

Theres been countless users that lost thousands of dollars due to deadbeat sellers on various audio sites.

So lets say one seller gets banned from ripping a person off on site "a", he gets banned, the buyer gets screwed, and the seller makes a new account on site "b" and does it all over again, and again, and again.

We take it a little more serious here...
I know one person that lost over $4grand buying batteries and woofers from a fly by night audio website, and the site owner was a well known stand up guy that just went shady for some reason or another...

There was another guy that was also on many forums, well known, had plenty of positive feedback and he started making multiple alternator brackets and at first he was great, then it turned sour and ripped off a good 20+ people at $200-500 a pop....
So these things do happen!!!

We have a place here for users to leave positive and negative feedback with buyer/sellers, but you are new here and have no feed back. I dont think it is right for the potential buyer to search a bunch of forums (let alone forums that have nothing to do with this site or car audio) just to get a safe sense of security and trust buying from said user, which is our goal.

Nice write up AF. I'm one who usually hits the report button on stuff like that, but lately, I have been hitting it more on the rent a mods then the actual person in the for sale section. Then it got to a point to where I gave up on that too lol. Post count matters because we have mods who pay attention enough to those who are post whoring it up to get 150 just to sell. They look for signs like that, and I can say, I greatly appreciate it. Can't catch them all, but this site does a damn good job.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay to sell here with people like N8 at the realms of info. :P

He is like the Mufasa of SMD. :ehh:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Lol it all sounds fair, I just didnt like the amount of posts I needed to sell. Which is why I made a rant thread to put my issues out there in a (so to speak) closed off environment from the rest of the forum. Since I am not familar with everything on thie forum yet.
I registered 2 years ago but am new to SMD forum and in all honesty had no intentions of making any issues.
Which is why I have been posting links to my other forums where I can show my positive references.

In the case of my premium listing I recently added in the first sentence of the listing, that I will cover the 3% for the PayPal fees.
I use PayPal pretty often and am very familar with it.

As for in the free section, I posted in the WTT section. Which I had noticed wasnt locked from me posting in it (like the forsale section was)
So I had no idea this is not allowed. I kind if skimmed though the rules, so my mistake if I did miss something in there.

In no way am I saying my time is more important than anybody elses.
But I am just trying to downgrade my charging system on my daily driver and barely have time to search for a replacement.
And I figured what a better way to do it then to list my battery on some of the well known car audio websites.
(since nobody had any idea was a 14V battery was on craigslist)

Thanks for your efforts, I understand how this is a needed step to stop scammers.

The rules for that forum are listed in the trade forum at the top, and have been updated a couple times.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/36941-rules/

For reference because it is not locked does not mean you dont need 150 posts.

The site just recently got overhauled including a new server that was bought, along with the forum software being updated. That forum may have been over looked, or not updated automatically. Im not sure. Us mods have rules to follow just like regular users, the same rules and even more rules keeping other things running smoothly. We dont control those rules, we just follow what the admins say and whatever else we discussed and made rulles is that makes sense. ha.

Im not trying to be mean or single you out. It goes for all, tho some will say I am because I dont let them get away with some things, just because a user thinks we are "internet friends" or something does not stop me from calling them out on their wrong doing, and if that makes me a dick oh well. Just enforcing what Im told to do type thing, I myself am fairly easy going, where another mod will just come along delete your post and not tell you why..

Archived