Dirt bike stripped case bolts.. tap,heilcoil?

A "Time-Sert" is just a solid thread repair insert instead of a flexible coil type of insert such as a "heli-coil" - All I know is that if this bolt has a lot of pressure & vibration on it, odds are a heli-coil will fail over time, but if you must - Permanent loc-tite the heli-coil when inserting it and let it cure

Depending on the size you drill for the next size up and tap it and screw the keensert in and hit the pins down to set it and you now have a hardened thread that won't strip again. We used to use them in a machine shop i worked at when drills/taps would break off and need to be removed and would leave the hole oversized.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-RM125-RM-125-right-side-case-clutch-cover-01-08-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-/330897413025

eBay always have reasonably priced used cases if worst comes to worst. We all make mistakes like that ! Was putting together a top end last night on a 4 stroke and finally got the cams in time. I go to turn over the motor just with a ratchet, cams don't move. The cam chain had slipped off the crank in the bottom end and had to tear it down again.

Archived