Sundown Audio

Hifonics and their RMS ratings

x91evo

But I was asking how much over are their RMS ratings of their amps, compared to what they actually clamp lol

(will a 2000RMS amp do 1500RMS?)

depends on which line of amps you buy, for example the hfi line of amps are highly overrated, same with the newer zrx line, but the BRZ, BXI, BRX line all do right at around rated or a little less, their 2000w amp will do 2000w and nothing more.

^^^ That also you need electrical for these amps there power hungry. Suggest big 3 decent alternator, and extra battery for anything over 1000 RMS

reliability issues really? no kidding
I was considering Hifonics only because I figured such a mainstream brand would be really reliable, boy am I new to whats changed.

Good to know some of their lines do what they are rated at

I haven't really noticed how power hungry they are, but I haven't had the chance to do a direct swap for an amp in similar rating so I can't base it off of anything, my friend runs his BRZ1200.1 at 1 ohm on bone stock electrical and he doesn't drop below 13.6, not that bad IMO.

edit: i'd say they're pretty reliable if it works right out of the box, my 2 hifonics amps that I bought for my personal use haven't given me a single issue in 3 years, now for amps that i've bought or recommended for friends of mine or family members that want some bass on a budget, I had a brz1700.1 go into protect out of the box, BRZ1200.1 not put out anything right out of the box, just got a BRX2000.1 in replacement of that 1700.1, we'll see how it does.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Yea I have more than enough for the electrical,
But wow I have never heard of reliability issues with Hifonics.

Worked with a bunch of Hifonics amps (not mine personally) but they never seemed to be any trouble for anyone I knew

After using them, i'd only buy them as a a in between amp. something to use till i get a good amp. They'll do what they say but i wouldn't rely on it. Plus mine just seemed really power hungry. Killed my stock alternator.(105A) i plan on getting rid of it before the warranty expire's. Unless i get a better one before hand.

I am pretty sure thats what I use to run with a premier I once had a brutus 1200.
It was alright and went through 3 owners until the 4th didnt secure it in his trunk full of crap. I think it banging around violently is what caused problems

Archived