Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Bad sound when bridging


KyleRhone

Recommended Posts

Posted

video of hollow sound would be helpful. Does sound like a setting or polarity issue though.

Also, I would series the coils then parallel the subs. You pos from one coil to neg on the other per sub should be as short so you can reasonably make it but still have slack for proper routing of the wire.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

  • Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

 
Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
Posted

video of hollow sound would be helpful. Does sound like a setting or polarity issue though.

Also, I would series the coils then parallel the subs. You pos from one coil to neg on the other per sub should be as short so you can reasonably make it but still have slack for proper routing of the wire.

I think I may have been crossing positives and negative due to running it with the wiring the way the previous owner had it. next time I get the chance to tackle it i'm going to completely rewire it.

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 513 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...