150a fuse big enough for my amp?

I'm saying that as long as you're electrical system is up to par for the amp, and your wire is the proper size for the amp, then your amp has no reason to need fuses for protection. If anything is to happen to the amp, it won't be because you didn't fuse your wire, it is because something went wrong internally in your amp that a fuse on your powere wire would not have been able to prevent.

The only reason you fuse your wire is so in the event that your power wire becomes shorted out on the chassis (grounds out) then the fuse will blow before the wire heats up to the point of melting, or catching on fire. It's not there to protect your amps.

so youre saying that the fuses in the d block are not needed as long as I have it fused to the wire up front?

You still need the fuses in the distro block because the smaller gauge wires that it splits into are rated for less amperage than the knu fleks you have...so the 360A of fuse you have on the knu fleks 1/0 won't blow if the smaller gauge wire, (which is rated at less than 360A) shorts out, and will melt/catch fire.

id get a 200- 250 amp fuse. does your wire run hot. i bet it does we dont want a fire, and since the 1500td takes 4 gauge get a distrubtion block or even better a battery, and 4 gauge is pushing the power for those amps together

Let me help . . . Tarball has provided the correct answer to your question. However, the T15001-bd will only accept 4 AWG.

Was I incorrect with the info I provided? I would love for you correct me if I am wrong :drinks:

Well, you didn't exactly answer the OP's question. Tarball did.

Ahhhh gotcha, I must have misunderstood what the op was asking. I was just making sure I wasn't giving out bad info...but I guess I didn't realize what the op was asking :pardon: my fault.

The T1500bdcp should accept 0 gauge with some 0 to 4 gauge reducers, shouldn't it? I don't have anything smaller than the flex 0. I was going to split into two runs of it at the dist block and use reducers to fit them into the amps

Let me help . . . Tarball has provided the correct answer to your question. However, the T15001-bd will only accept 4 AWG.

06 pontiac grand prix

alpine ida x100

rf t2 comps

rf t1500, t400-2

knu 0

big 3

xs d3400

oct 11 tentatively: 2 obsidian 18 v2's

Archived