2007 Dodge RAM QC fiberglass box to fit under rear seats

Like i said earlier, tape, foil, some type of fabric, resin mixture, mat, resin mixture, mat, resin. let it cure and make it pretty

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Idk how much space you have. But I wouldn't try and fit some 12" under there. Usually not enough space maybe some 10" or 8"

And you're correct. I'd put tape down first. Then some foil. And even put a little wax on the foil as well. I wouldn't do too many layers. 3-4 should be good depending on how thick mat you get. Then to attach it you can just glass the baffle to the "floor pan"

I'd do more than 3-4 layers on the box, but thats just me

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

My personal opinion is that the console is a much better option. Here are a couple of Ram boxes that I built and my center consoles. Most, if not all boxes that go under the back seat usually have to use spacers to raise the seats. These are fiberglass bottom shell with MDF top plates.

For a 15 Skar ZVX

00310_zpsbe419970.jpg

Current console with Obsidian 12.

0024.jpg

IMG_0669_zps5ae50587.jpg

Kicker L7-8 ported. wood blocks were temp so we could see how much the seat needed to lift

IMG_1397_zps0aa4ff41.jpg

Re SR12 seat raised 1".

IMG_0447.jpg

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Those are awesome.... How long have you been working at building enclosures? You are obviously talented at it. I don't know that I could duplicate your work. How does the console enclosure sound and are you against putting 12s under the rear seats? I'm assuming the sound quality isn't worth the effort of putting 12s under the rear seats. I know I will never win any sound competitions, I don't have the funds for the costly equipment for a quality system, I just want it to sound good and look nice. Thanks for the info and ideas Big A, much appreciated so please keep the knowledge flowing it will be absorbed and put to good use My Brother.

My personal opinion is that the console is a much better option. Here are a couple of Ram boxes that I built and my center consoles. Most, if not all boxes that go under the back seat usually have to use spacers to raise the seats. These are fiberglass bottom shell with MDF top plates.

For a 15 Skar ZVX

Current console with Obsidian 12.

Kicker L7-8 ported. wood blocks were temp so we could see how much the seat needed to lift

Re SR12 seat raised 1".

Thats some clean set ups bro, I like.

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Those are awesome.... How long have you been working at building enclosures? You are obviously talented at it. I don't know that I could duplicate your work. How does the console enclosure sound and are you against putting 12s under the rear seats? I'm assuming the sound quality isn't worth the effort of putting 12s under the rear seats. I know I will never win any sound competitions, I don't have the funds for the costly equipment for a quality system, I just want it to sound good and look nice. Thanks for the info and ideas Big A, much appreciated so please keep the knowledge flowing it will be absorbed and put to good use My Brother.

I personally feel like the consoles sound much better than the under the seat boxes. You are able to use any sub you want and achieve optimum airspace requirements and vented! Under the back seat you have so many limitations on what speaker will fit and the airspace available. To me its not much of a trade off, some people utilize the entire backseat for "better " bass, I just had to give up my console.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Archived