Second Skin Audio

2 SA 12's Enclosure

thefourth

These thing get the best sq with 3.8net @ 28hz

As joe said you will lose some volume in the lower end and risk bottoming out your sub if you do t use you filter

But 37 is a good sql freq

Or a nice freq if your into rock and dance

I thought 35 to 36 hz would play a good range of freq? Gonna take down to about 3.75 cu ft. 28 hz seems crazy low to tune if I tune 28 arent I going to loose lots of output as well?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I thought 35 to 36 hz would play a good range of freq? Gonna take down to about 3.75 cu ft. 28 hz seems crazy low to tune if I tune 28 arent I going to loose lots of output as well?

32-35 Hz is best if you want deeper bass to play great, reduce box size if giving a lot of power, 3.75 cubes is fine for those subs though, 28Hz will loose you output and I wouldn't recommend it.

Im going 3.75 @ 35hz what should I consider for bracing?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

1 thing you need to remember is you won't lose output you'll just get a more falter response if tunning lower

That in turn give you less peek making it quieter

But a more even level of volume

That would be more of an sq set up

On you power there's no problem staying at 4net

3.8 just allows for a flatter response

Witch is not for everyone

Archived