Second Skin Audio

Couple more TS perameters for sundown 10" sd-2

rambronco

Just purchased my first sundown items ever, must say they look like quality stuff. I picked up 4 SD10-D2's I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me out with Xmax, and SD numbers for me for WinIsd-beta box builder.

Thanks in advance

RB

Will keep you all posted as the build progresses

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Can't help you with xmax, but you can measure the SD yourself. Just place a ruler on top of the sub and look at it from the side. Measure the distance between the two points where the ruler touches the surround. Measure it in whatever units you want. If you want sqcm, measure in centimeters. If you want sqin, measure in inches.

Then Sd=(D/2)2 * π

Capture-45_zpsda749861.png

I guess n = 3.141592 for a single sub.

It shows up as the Pi symbol for me :unknw:

Thanks, wasn't exactly sure where to measure to account for the surround. And thanks for the welcome to the boards.

RB

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Archived