12 volt fans ?

you guys need to buy purly 12v fan, its for 12volt applications the one above is a computer fan that is a mearly 12 volts with a 5v input to it which is the yellow wire that controls fan speed.

in the car you dont need that not to mention i like the metal casing vs the plastic

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

make sure ground to frame by itself and not with another wire or ground to the amp ground. No no will cause unwanted noise

Yeah its in my ground distro block...So distro block is a no no ?

you guys need to buy purly 12v fan, its for 12volt applications the one above is a computer fan that is a mearly 12 volts with a 5v input to it which is the yellow wire that controls fan speed.

in the car you dont need that not to mention i like the metal casing vs the plastic

Yeah im not using the yellow...I thought all 12 volt fans were created equal..Im going to look into those you posted

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Yellow wire is either a tachometer wire or speed control wire, not a 5v wire. Nothing wrong with fans that 3 or 4 wires as long as you connect the correct two wires.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived