Newbie starting big build.

I've already trashed most of it my my list, probably will still have more than I really need in the final build But trying to get all the range hit as clearly as possible and get the fullest sound. But literally that list just got cut down by over half

Thank-you I'll go back to the drawing board and rehash that's exactly what I was look-in for. I usually have slot of time on my hands that's why I want a big project to work on I work 4 twelve hour night shifts and then I have four off....and I don't sleep much. Maybe 2-3 hours a night.... major insomnia problems need something to do with my hands and my time.

no need to overwhelm yourself with extra work thats not needed. idk about the other guys but it takes me absolutely for ever to do the most basic install. no need to rush things. i got a few new items in boxes still cuz im not sure how i wanna install them yet. i say its better to over think than dont think enuff

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

I've already trashed most of it my my list, probably will still have more than I really need in the final build But trying to get all the range hit as clearly as possible and get the fullest sound. But literally that list just got cut down by over half

you can get a full sound without running every size speaker you can find ;) speakers have a decent range that they can hit cleanly

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

As everyone's said... WHOA. Calm down there.

You want to hit every frequency? That's why all the different sizes of speakers and such? Do your research (UNLIKE PURPLESYRUP AHEM. MR MIDNIGHT DRUNK BUYER LMFAO) and find good stuff. You can find tweets, speakers, ect that hit frequencies. You want a "big" build? It'll take money. I mean hell, go get some Hertz speakers. You're over a grand right there if you go to their higher line. Get some RF speakers and that's what? $1500? And that's not including an amp or anything. Those are pretty big builds. Haha, and they do hit practically any frequency.

In the end, it's about what do you want. I saw your list and thought of 1 thing... Demo car. Like how Rockford has their demo van and things you see at comps. Open the back doors and like 20 subs, 35 speakers, ect. Just everywhere you look... either a sub or a speaker. In the real world? For something that you'd use? That's not what to do. Not sure if you would drive this vehicle around to school, work, wherever... but if so? Should be a max of around 4 subs and speakers/tweeters can be any number. Seen people with 1 pair of each, seen people with about 4 pairs. It's their personal preference and what they want. If you are only wanting a demo vehicle, then by all means... get 6 or so subs of one size, 6 of another, ect. But make sure you have the ability (electrical and knowledge) to do it as it can be HELL.

Also, 4 days? Unless you quite literally are going at this roughly 24 hours a day for those 4 days, don't expect it to be done. Ask anyone who does this for a living... how long things take. Ask them how long it takes them on their own vehicles. Running a wire should take a few minutes but somehow takes a few hours. So to fiberglass, to run wires, to do all the things required? I'd say you're looking at a good literally straight 4 days of 0 sleep, depending on how big you go. Hell, look at some people's builds on here. All they want to do is fiberglass some door panels or things to that nature, and sure, they sleep and have plans and work and such, takes them a good weekend... if not more.

Sheena = pedobear

Basically the plan is to go somewhat cheap right right now fill in everything I want with cheapo shit. To get the fiberglass all made the way I want. And not have any holes while I'm waiting on income for the higher end stuff. Plus I have a kid on the way so I can't really fill the trunk up completely yet Cause If my kid is stuck in my car, well I need room for a stroller.....kinda a bummer But Its life and I gotta cope. But I can at least get it sounding nice and hit everything on the mark and basically have the body sitting exactly the way I want so I'll have minimal to do when I upgrade. Wires will all be ran fiberglass will all be taken care of, just rebuild for subs and upgrade tech basically and hopefully.

then I'd go with 2 subs of your choice (you don't have to go big to hit hard, $200 subs will work if that's in your price range) and some decent tweets and speakers. from what mr midnight drunk buyer (purplesyrup) has, mb quartz has some good stuff. Was relatively cheap.

But that's me. I know I went from stock speakers/tweets and kenwood 10's to rockford speakers/tweets/subs and 1 million times better, louder, crisper, ect. And equipment? Eh, most expensive was the amp... 1500bdcp.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived