Newbie starting big build.

I have 2 10" kickers in the back currently kinda on loan till I get my mom a car though hers took a shit on her so a raped it for some temporary sound... But now I'm disappointed by my stock speakers that are left, I plan on doing my door panels and my dash here in two so im getting my shit together so I can get my

woah you're planning on doing this stuff in 2 days?? seriously bro slow down a little bit I understand you're looking for something to spend your time with while you can't sleep but I think your eyes are too big for your britches and if you don't know what you're doing and you try something even of moderate size much less something as grande as you are imagining you can REALLY fuck things up. As it's been said before you don't need alot to sound good. All you really need especially at the power you're talking about running is 1 or 2 subs, a single 6.5 (or whichever SINGLE size mid woofer you decide on, I say 6.5 cuz that's the most common and you can put that right where your stocks were when you pull them out more than likely) in each door, and a pair of tweeters and as long as you get decent quality stuff that's enough to hit everything beautifully.

you can't go from having 2 kicker subs and stock speakers "to Steve Meade and beyond" overnight.

I mean if you REALLY want to do a really big huge massive build like what you're talking about it isn't impossible... but you need to slow down and take some time to learn first.

I really can't tell you just flat out you can't do a big build like this cuz I mean if you look at my sig I've got a fairly grandioso build plan myself, but I didn't throw that together overnight, and it's gotten so big from me doing my planning for months and doing research and learning and asking questions and stuff. That build is 4 months of planning of almost every waking moment learning and looking around and researching and trying different scenarios in my head. And even now I think I'm ready enough to do it, but it won't be an easy build by any means it will probably take me months to get everything all buttoned up and have it all complete and looking and sounding how I want it to.

As far as doing your whole build in 4 days, if you want to do it right there are certain things that you really just can't rush, wood glue takes time to fully set, resin takes time to cure, fiberglass takes time to dry, doesn't matter how much you work those things won't happen any faster just cuz you want them to.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I actually cant wait to see some pictures. If he has the confidence to try it then go for it.

but if you run into problems ask question and get answers before you proceed. if you do it wrong it will cost you a lot more time and money.

So first off I need to get an active crossover, and run 7 channels. Run my subs at 80-150hz , my 8" at 100-900hz, 6" at 600-2800 Hz , 4" 2000-4500hz and tweeters 4000 and higher. Approximately correct?

And basically screw any full range stick with components full range speakers will screw my fidelity. And doing sets of four will make it easier to get the impedance correct. Knock out half of the 4" , I like my highs But not that much. Am I on tge right path now? I'll get a new parts list up later tonight.

big improvement with this plan. im impressed.

ditch the 6" and just do an 8" 4" and tweet.

subs should be more like 30-80hz. midbass at 80-300hz. midrange 300-4000/7000, all depending on how high they play accurately and how low your tweeters play. then tweeters take the rest. my midbass is at 80-200. midrange 200-7000 because they can lol.

for a processor, the auto tune devices like the MS-8 are great. but if the goal is to eat up free time then an audison bit1 or a RF 360 might be better for you. they will take a lot of time to tune correctly.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

So first off I need to get an active crossover, and run 7 channels. Run my subs at 80-150hz , my 8" at 100-900hz, 6" at 600-2800 Hz , 4" 2000-4500hz and tweeters 4000 and higher.

You wanna run your subs 80-150!? That's mid bass. Bass would be 80 and below

Damn, was already said haha

Lol Yeah that was actually a typo it was supposed to be 20 I was at work and talking at the time. But subs can play up to 150hz cleanly alot of the time and i would like to have some overlap in frequencys asblong as its still clean so that the mid bass is still blended a little more throughout the cab. Actually want to try to get overlaps all the way through for good sound blend and try to basically get a wonderful headphone effect where a single not isn't noticeably coming from a single set of speakers. Except for the deep lows obviously.

if your wanting to go cheaper but still get good sound amazon has some great deals on the rockford fosgate prime stuff. like 50 bucks a pop for 10s and everything else is pretty decent. also dont overlook dual audio. they may come from walmart but the amps arent all that bad for low wattage setups and you cant beat the price. plus the rms on everything is cea certified. amazon has good deals on that too. wiring is cheaper on there too. they have a knukonceptz 4 gauge kit that is only like 30 bucks. plus the wire is really 2 gauge. lol. so heres just a quick rundown of it all.

3 knukonceptz kits

3 rockford r2d4 tens

pioneer deh-4400hd hu

2 pair dual ts69 6x9s

2 pair dual ts10 1 inch tweeters

2 pair dual ts65 6.5s

2 dual xpa4100 amps for highs and mids

dual xpe1700 monoblock amp for subs

total of $685.47

not to bad and should sound great for low wattage budget system. plus the r2 10s deliver great bass. i had 2 in my wifes car which is a 96 grand am running on a 300 watt dual amp and they pounded good for only about 75 watts each. lol. but she has upgraded to a kicker 350.2 and they beat the hell out of her trunk now. anyways use the 4 channels to run your 6.5s and 6.9s and the deck to run the tweeters. just make sure you use the supplied crossovers. that monoblock only puts out 400 at 2 ohms so just wire the 3 10s to 2.67 ohms and they should get 100 watts each roughly. just dont forget to do the big 3 with 0 gauge and run an extra battery. hope this helps some.

Nice thanks for That. I actually am picking up a Rockford fosgate 12" on Sunday for $50, possibly another stupid question But If I run it with with my 10s on a 2 channel amp with an active crossover would that be a bad thing, I've seen people cursing about mixing different speakers. If I go through with that I would put the 12 in a sealed and run the 2 tens in a ported at 40hz. Use the twelve as attempt to counteract the bad sq from the 10"s and also take advantage of the lower frequencies the 12" is able to produce...I may just be thinking with my dick again though,....go ahead show me How I'm fucking up

Archived