Second Skin Audio

Wood expert needed

-X-RaTeD-

LoL

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

You could get much better results, and likely take up a lot less space running a 12 in a ported enclosure, or even a 15 in ported

lol that gif... my bad I said sealed, but it will have 2 15" passives to up the efficiency of the sub, which I already have, so I'm going with it. :domodance: I like to learn the hard way, lol.

...But then again, I caught a lot of shit for wanting to put a 12 in a 1cu.ft box with a passive, (was surprised how many didn't even know what a passive was), until they saw/felt the flex.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Well, I don't claim to be an expert on wood, but I work at Menards and I know we carry it. 14 ply birch. We carry 7 ply to. I think the 7 ply is about 45 bucks a 4x8 sheet. If you're looking for an expert on wood I suggest you visit your local brothel. :ohsnap: I'm amazed at the lack of trolling this thread. Beatiful title sir ahhahaaa.

It's to bad there are no Menards in FL, $45 isn't bad at all

~Henry David Thoreau

and I can get good quality 14 ply birch at select Lowe's here. I can also order 1" MDF from there and they get it from a local lumber supplier. That's too answer your original question. The good wood ISSSS out there, you just have to ask questions and get answers.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm in Lakeland

Im in the Jacksonville area so that's a pretty far drive. My brother can order 14 ply in to his cabinet shop.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

so your doing 2x 15's in a pr with a sealed 18"

your are jokeing right

Actually, 2x 15 pr's in a (technically sealed) box with an 18" active, but no sir I am not joking. Have you not seen Steve's tower? I'm starting to see why he locked his vid from comments...

Many other examples of the idea in practice... the concept should not really be that hard to believe or understand. I don't need as big of a box for the 18" since it is technically a sealed box. The only negative to a port is the extra expense of the pr's which is not a problem for me.

But anyways, I'm asking about wood...

~Henry David Thoreau

I'm in Lakeland

Im in the Jacksonville area so that's a pretty far drive. My brother can order 14 ply in to his cabinet shop.

Thanks bro, yeah Jax is a stretch from here. Gives me an idea though, I could see if I can find a cabinet shop around here that could order a sheet for me.

~Henry David Thoreau

and I can get good quality 14 ply birch at select Lowe's here. I can also order 1" MDF from there and they get it from a local lumber supplier. That's too answer your original question. The good wood ISSSS out there, you just have to ask questions and get answers.

I always get idiots in Lowes that want to know what I am doing and why I want what I am asking for when such-and-such a product will do the same thing. I'll ask though next time I'm there, just hope that I can find an older guy. Not age discriminating because I'm only 26, but would rather a well seasoned guy tell me where I can get what I want, even if it means somewhere else.

/rant

~Henry David Thoreau

I always get idiots in Lowes that want to know what I am doing and why I want what I am asking for when such-and-such a product will do the same thing. I'll ask though next time I'm there, just hope that I can find an older guy. Not age discriminating because I'm only 26, but would rather a well seasoned guy tell me where I can get what I want, even if it means somewhere else.

/rant

I agree, get an older guy to help. Like I said, most have the ability to order a solid, quality product. The older guys will have been around longer though and will know exactly where to point you, like you said, even if it's not from there. Good luck in your search though, I am sure what you are looking for is attainable.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived