Today was the first time I have had my system down while driving. I noticed a noise (clunk) when going over a bump or making a left turn. It was coming from the front left suspension. It wasn't very loud, but enough to be noticed. I waited a bit to see if the noise would made by the right side, but it was only the left.

When I got home I checked up in the wheel well and everything seemed to be in tact. I grabbed the rim and pushed and pulled (horizontally) and I was able to make the similar but not exact. (Might have been the same noise, but it could be dampened by being inside the car)

I then got up and pushed up and down on the car, enough to make the suspension bounce. No noise. I then repeated the same on the right front. The pushing and pulling didn't even make a noise.

Anyone have a clue what it could be? Any other test I could do to refine what my issue could be?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Probably the brake caliper bushings worn out.

That's not too bad. They are the original calipers. Was hoping it wasn't a hub bearing or something along those lines. Thanks for the input

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Jack that side of the car up, and see if the tire has play, Inspect tie rods, and ball joints. could also be struts..< not sure how to test though

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Jack that side of the car up, and see if the tire has play, Inspect tie rods, and ball joints. could also be struts..< not sure how to test though

Will do that. I replaced the upper ball joint on the right front. That was a pita. Once I realized I needed to heat it up, went smooth. So if this one is bad, it won't be terrible.

If the tire has play, what would be wrong?

Pro tip: For removing ball joints, hit the part the ball joint goes through with a hammer really f'ing hard a few times, the ball joint should pop right out. You want to hit it from the side.

Anyway, your clunking could be a strut, or another ball joint. A tire shop might be able to help since they have alignment machines and deal with that stuff.

Pro tip: For removing ball joints, hit the part the ball joint goes through with a hammer really f'ing hard a few times, the ball joint should pop right out. You want to hit it from the side.

Anyway, your clunking could be a strut, or another ball joint. A tire shop might be able to help since they have alignment machines and deal with that stuff.

It's been forever since I looked at it. But I believe we where hitting it from the bottom. Hitting it from the side? Will try that first next time. Hell yeah. It took my Dad and me about 6 hours to get the last one off... We were just afraid of bending something.

Archived