RCA cables found some gems

8ight

I use the same coax cable that you would have behind your TV set ... Mini RG59

Never a minute of problems ...

You kind of have to, right? You're Cablguy LOL
You know it brother !!! Easy to get and works like a champ !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Without a doubt! I've been using coax like that for a long time installing security and TV systems, it has never let me down. I don't like terminating some of the quad-shield/flooded stuff though.

I'm gonna hate

Without a doubt! I've been using coax like that for a long time installing security and TV systems, it has never let me down. I don't like terminating some of the quad-shield/flooded stuff though.
Termination is very critical though when working with these systems. Securing all ports on equipment and terminating all unattached or unuesd cables prevent ingress to get into these systems, creating unwanted signals and preventing them to communicate and do their functions properly ... Radio stations and communication traffic (police cars, ambulances, etc) that communicate on the same frequiencies will get inot your "closed circuit" systems very easily these days and cause major problems, expecially in cable television when they use the transmission of data for their phone, internet, security, impulse pay-per-view, and any other data services they migh offer ... You must maintain that 75 ohm resistance at all times fo that recieving unit to see a load and want to communicat with it ...

Oh damn ... I'm at work and got carried away, sorry for spaming up your thread guys ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Termination is very critical though when working with these systems. Securing all ports on equipment and terminating all unattached or unuesd cables prevent ingress to get into these systems, creating unwanted signals and preventing them to communicate and do their functions properly ... Radio stations and communication traffic (police cars, ambulances, etc) that communicate on the same frequiencies will get inot your "closed circuit" systems very easily these days and cause major problems, expecially in cable television when they use the transmission of data for their phone, internet, security, impulse pay-per-view, and any other data services they migh offer ... You must maintain that 75 ohm resistance at all times fo that recieving unit to see a load and want to communicat with it ...

Oh damn ... I'm at work and got carried away, sorry for spaming up your thread guys ...

Hey, I spend a lot of time just looking for information like this, don't worry about it. I have gotten very good at terminating coax, CAT5E/6, RCA, and TRS cables, it just took a little getting used to and some good tools/fittings.

I'm gonna hate

I've been a cable tv technician for going on 17 years ... We work on it all (I'm a lineman)

Fiber, coax, data cable ... this list goes on and on

I've been a cable tv technician for going on 17 years ... We work on it all (I'm a lineman)

Fiber, coax, data cable ... this list goes on and on

Damn. I've been doing IT for a while now but you've been at that since I was too young to work!

I'm gonna hate

working inside buildings (cabling) is pretty much the same as lines branched out to neighborhoods ...

Its alot better to either home run lines or run trunk cable systems and branch off like tree branches to distribute singal equally ... Daisy chain systems use to workh great, but with higher mhz frequiencies, data transmission gets very anal to work correctly ... Thats why people use "mini hubs" and distribution amplifiers to make things work to old cable setups ...

Just like in car audio, thats sort of the reasons why I suggest multiple power supplys (multi amplifiers vs milti channel amplifiers)

for ease of data transmission and cooler operating systems ... amplifiers that burn cooler perform much better and gives better headroom for cleaner operation ...

You actually see people running fiberoptic hubs inside larger buildings for faster data transmissions ... then bracnch out with data cable (like the ones you mentioned) from there to devices that demand MEGA upload / download speeds and calls that do not drop during peak hours ...

working inside buildings (cabling) is pretty much the same as lines branched out to neighborhoods ...

Its alot better to either home run lines or run trunk cable systems and branch off like tree branches to distribute singal equally ... Daisy chain systems use to workh great, but with higher mhz frequiencies, data transmission gets very anal to work correctly ... Thats why people use "mini hubs" and distribution amplifiers to make things work to old cable setups ...

Just like in car audio, thats sort of the reasons why I suggest multiple power supplys (multi amplifiers vs milti channel amplifiers)

for ease of data transmission and cooler operating systems ... amplifiers that burn cooler perform much better and gives better headroom for cleaner operation ...

You actually see people running fiberoptic hubs inside larger buildings for faster data transmissions ... then bracnch out with data cable (like the ones you mentioned) from there to devices that demand MEGA upload / download speeds and calls that do not drop during peak hours ...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I do see a lot of powered hubs installed by Comcast in larger homes with older systems now that I think about it. I have already adopted your strategy in the past without giving it much thought; to me it seemed the right way to do things. I avoid daisy-chaining most anything because of my experience working on and building corporate networks where such a practice is a big no-no for most techs. I often correct rack installations where one router is connected to a switch, connected to a switch, connected to a switch, connected to a switch.... Users of terminals 81-100 on the last switch are all complaining of slow internet speeds, I wonder why? LOL

I'm gonna hate

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I do see a lot of powered hubs installed by Comcast in larger homes with older systems now that I think about it. I have already adopted your strategy in the past without giving it much thought; to me it seemed the right way to do things. I avoid daisy-chaining most anything because of my experience working on and building corporate networks where such a practice is a big no-no for most techs. I often correct rack installations where one router is connected to a switch, connected to a switch, connected to a switch, connected to a switch.... Users of terminals 81-100 on the last switch are all complaining of slow internet speeds, I wonder why? LOL

You're welcom Sir, Glad I can help some ...

Yea, a switch terminal like that is nothing more that a splitter that divides the signal into sections to different sites ...

Yea, daisy chain those and the signal deteriates into nothing ...

Most people use twisted pair RCA cables, and I've been reading that thread on Twisted pair and Coax cabling in car audio ...

I've always used Coax and they work great in my opinion. I know I'm not anywhere near as smart as DAmore, but it's just my personal experience when I see alot of people with twisted pair and motor noise and they ask me what I did to prevent mine from it and I have to tell the that my vechicles have never had motor noise or any other noise created by RCA cables ...

To me, cableing distribution is just as (if not more) important as amplification ...

The conductors in twisted pair cables are physically longer and not afforded the same shielding as those in most coax cables. I see no reason to use them myself. I agree about cable distribution being as important as amplification, amplifiers are dumb they amplify what you give them, period. Feeding them a strong, clean signal is important.

I'm gonna hate

Archived