CoritaAlterado Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 What kind of enclosure do you have your subwoofers in?
Nate Futuristic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Cant afford a 70 dollar tool to protect your investment But you can afford to replace the subs 2 twice? Check grounds Do the big 3 Turn you gain down untill you can correctly set it Make sure your filters are set accurate No bass boost blowing them that close I'm guessing they got replaced under warrantyYou're probably clipping them to hell Waste of time... and time is money And according to the special ed on caco that scope is just fine for car audio won't do what a 2000 dollar unit would but I think tfade tested one vs a high end scope Think their was even a thread where 2 dd1s where detecting clipping at different points (same amp and everything) and they used that scope to prove it... down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
Nate Futuristic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Cant afford a 70 dollar tool to protect your investment But you can afford to replace the subs 2 twice? Check grounds Do the big 3 Turn you gain down untill you can correctly set it Make sure your filters are set accurate No bass boost blowing them that close I'm guessing they got replaced under warrantyYou're probably clipping them to hell Double posted edit down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
Nico Shull Posted April 7, 2013 Author Report Posted April 7, 2013 Thank you for your responses! Yes, the subs were replaced under warranty. I have a feeling they must have issues with these subs. I walked in and they didn't ask for a proof of purchase or any form of ID or anything. I put the subs on the counter and they just handed me new ones. Bad sign I think. As for not being able to buy an Oscilloscope, I honestly had no idea that prices were around the ~$70.00 range for some. I Google'd handheld Oscilloscope the other day and they were consistently around the $1200.00+ range. Little bit out of my broke budget My enclosure, embarrassingly, is a pre-fabbed dual 12" ported box from "MegaHertz" I believe. Definitely not something I intend on keeping, and neither are the MBQuart 12" subwoofers if they are not going to take it. So that scope that was posted for the $70.00 price tag, would it give me remotely reliable results? 2004 Ford Freestar SEL Jensen VM9224BT Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5" MBQuart ONX 1000.1D Factory Ford 5x7's (For now) 2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers
ChevyBoy95 Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 get a TPI 440 Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Nate Futuristic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 You can get a used good scope for 150-300 The nano from what I heard will do what it needs to Or find someone with a dd1 in your area Or at the very least back your gain down Ans make sure your sub sonic is set properly for that prefab box.. (post specs of the box and I can give you a general idea of tuning, then set your subsonic a hair below that frequency) down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
JeremyN Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 or you can use a DD-1 ..... several people on the forum have them and I think if you ask people in your area that have them you could get some help 2 12" Jeff Vue Customs 1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors1 American Bass 100.1 on sub1 Hertz EP2 on doorsJVC deck IPOD controlStock 105 amp alt DD-1big 3new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/ Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.