Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Designing a box for a pair of DD 510's


Recommended Posts

Posted

What's up guys, I'm looking at purchasing a pair of Digital Designs 510 subs. There's a guy locally that has a pair, and they were on my list of possible subwoofers for my build. I would prefer a pair of 512's or a better series such as the 3500+ series, but I figure this is my first build, and I will be okay with the pair of 510's. Anyhow, they are going into a 2010 Jeep Patriot, and I was wondering if anybody had any input as to box design. How much airspace do they like? What tuning should I go with? I can find recommended specs for most other subs, but around 15 minutes of searching, and I can't find anything solid on these. If anybody has any good input, and personal experience with them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted

I was looking at a few amps, and haven't decided on one yet, but around 1000-1200 RMS to both of them.

Posted

For dd 10s shoot for 1.25-1.75 cubes net per driver after all displacement and keep the port area per cubic feet 14.5-16

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Thanks for the input guys. Do you guys think they will handle the 500-600 RMS each safely?

honestly 500 rms per is the ceiling for those woofers. make sure its clean power. if you clip they wont last long.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Here is a suggestion for those 510s:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 36 Hz
Vb = 2.9 ft^3

External Height = 16 in
External Width = 37.75 in
External Depth = 14 in

Port Width = 3 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Top & Bottom = 37 3/4 x 14

Left & Right Sides = 12 1/2 x 14 1/2

2x Front = 17 3/8 x 14 1/2

Back = 37 3/4 x 14 1/2

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 11 x 14 1/2
2 x Extension = 9 1/2 x 14 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

TportSUPBSB.jpg


Important notes:

- The port needs 2 7/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 847 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...