Audio Technix OVERSIZED Silver Tinned 0GA

Welding cable is the best-bang-for-buck. Can be trickier to install sometimes but nonetheless it's 'proper'Just make sure you get the tinned kind. Oxidized copper has alot of resistance and becomes weak.I do mostly use Knukonceptz Kolossus though, unless I run wire under the vehicle. Running 2x CCA Vs 1x OFC makes no sense? 2 parts aluminium = 1 part copper and so on...

2 runs of cca @ 20ft length = 500a (both runs cost HALF of a full 20ft ofc run)

1 run of ofc @ 20ft length = 300a

Welding cable has thick gauge stands and tend to break when ran around tight corners and can cause resistance....

Aluminum coils > copper

500 amps for 2 20ft runs of cca?

If you say so...

So Knukonceptz 1/0 cca rating is wrong?

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I personally use welding cable for many reason including the thicker rub resistant jacket, chemical resistances and its ability to withstand a much higher temperature before deforming and melting and causing a fire due to the jacket failing and shorting out on something metal. The cost for welding cable is very affordable compared to some of the other alternatives that compete with it, but in the end it is up to the consumer to choose what they feel is best or more cost effective for them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

How is coca cheaper than ofc? Knuconepts for example is like what 2 bucks foot coca 4 bucks ofc, why not get ofc. Less wire. Less 1/0 terminals and even less hassle installing 1 instead I 2

Im pulling close to 450 amps (not constant)

Ofc is rated for 300a.. id still have to do two runs. Or risk alot and run 1 run of ofc

And I got skyhighcarauido 1/0 (which is oversized and closer to 2/0) for 1 dollar a foot lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

2 runs of CCA is better than 1 run of OFC, Alpine proved that.

Both types serve a purpose

For example, in my opinion, CCA serves well for runs due to the cost, and OFC serves well for the amps due to the better conductivity.

Though, I've seen some people use CCA for amps, and bought dual inputs to fit more inside.

Like me, when I get a 2nd battery, I'm gonna do 1 run of CCA + and -, because it's half the price of OFC, and if I upgrade the alternator, I do another run of CCA, same price as 1 run of OFC, but more wire and less resistance for current to flow through.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Ahh, well in that case haha and it's rated for 350 at 20 XD just sayi. Lol but touché

I dont think ive ever ran a run of 1/0 thats was longer than 15 ft (my current runs are 12.5)

I most likley could have ran 1 run of ofc and got away with it at that length but was still cheaper and in my opinion a bigger gain to do 2 runs power 2 runs ground of cca

You DO NOT reduce the resistance of the wire by running double the amount, the resistance is always there whether you have 1 run or 4 runs of wire, 30% to 40% is present for all CCA wire. Granted 60% of something is better than 100% of nothing but i'll take my 100% full copper wire over CCA any day.

EDIT: 40% loss through CCA is 120a from the front to the back leaving you 180a to carry to the battery to use, so if your draw is 450a then 2 runs will not supply your needs as you would actually need 3 runs to supply your 450a needs with the cca wire. Now with ofc the 2 runs will not only supply your needs, you will have extra room for upgrades later on and still carry more than the 3 runs of cca.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

^Well...yes the resistance between the two terminals where multiple runs of wire are ran does change. The resistance of a single wire wont change but taken as a whole they will.

I think you are trying to get at something else though...

Edit: the math doesnt quite work out like that Skullz...40% more resistance doesn't equate to a 40% loss of current capacity. Just sayin

Team NorthWestSPL

You DO NOT reduce the resistance of the wire by running double the amount, the resistance is always there whether you have 1 run or 4 runs of wire, 30% to 40% is present for all CCA wire. Granted 60% of something is better than 100% of nothing but i'll take my 100% full copper wire over CCA any day.

EDIT: 40% loss through CCA is 120a from the front to the back leaving you 180a to carry to the battery to use, so if your draw is 450a then 2 runs will not supply your needs as you would actually need 3 runs to supply your 450a needs with the cca wire. Now with ofc the 2 runs will not only supply your needs, you will have extra room for upgrades later on and still carry more than the 3 runs of cca.

If I was only able to carry a load of 180 I wouldnt have a truck anymore

And again if the added resistance in cca 1/0 is such a big difference why have I see no loss in voltage from the front to back? I know resistance causes voltage drop

(Heat causes resistance obviously)

Even when I ran stinger 1/0 and switched to a way shittier 1/0 cca wire than I run now, I didnt see a voltage drop or added stress on my saz1000d (first build in my jimmy) Of 30-40%

Could it have affected it slightly? Yup sure as shit, was it noticable in a daily driven vehicle. Sure as fuck didnt show on my dmm or voltage gauge

Archived