Audio Technix OVERSIZED Silver Tinned 0GA

CCA has 30-40% greater resistance per foot than OFC. I personally do not understand the allure of CCA. Wire is a conductor. Why would you choose to purchase a conductor that is inferior in conducting? If you were shopping for windows, would you choose to save money by buying one made from glass that impeded your view, even just a little bit?

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I use that wire for my Big 5, very good for the price when you want the benefits of ofc 1/0 but wanna pay a lower price.
It's 30% ofc, 70% cca, so it's a hybrid wire, not cca or ofc, but in between.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

CCA has 30-40% greater resistance per foot than OFC. I personally do not understand the allure of CCA. Wire is a conductor. Why would you choose to purchase a conductor that is inferior in conducting? If you were shopping for windows, would you choose to save money by buying one made from glass that impeded your view, even just a little bit?

hasnt it been proven (sorry not trying to stir shit up i know you are very knowledgeable and dont mean to disrespect you or your opinions)

cca is cheap and you can run double runs and gain that "lost Resistance" back without ever coming close to what it would cost to do a single run of OFC

now comes the hard part... what if you dont have room for double runs?!?!

well then choose OFC

but in my honest opinion (ive used OFC most of my life) i see no voltage drop or massive heat problems like shown in these "labs" where they test CCA vs OFC

14.2v upfront (warm idle) 14.2v in the back.... their is obviously different resistances in the metal but are they real world applicable?

maybe but most consumers see a cheaper alternative and go with it.

in the end CCA has its benefits and will work just as well as OFC if used properly

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I'll not be pulled into such a debate quite so easily. However, I will say this . . . no matter how hard one may try, you cannot circumvent the laws of Physics. After all, they are LAWS, not just really good ideas.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I really like Audio Technix so don't get me wrong by saying this ...

But I use true welding cable for my projects ... Just too many reasons to explain why.

Pure copper is ALWAYS best for me ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Welding cable is the best-bang-for-buck. Can be trickier to install sometimes but nonetheless it's 'proper'

Just make sure you get the tinned kind. Oxidized copper has alot of resistance and becomes weak.

I do mostly use Knukonceptz Kolossus though, unless I run wire under the vehicle.

Running 2x CCA Vs 1x OFC makes no sense?

2 parts aluminium = 1 part copper and so on...

Some times people can't afford OFC. CCA does a good job for people looking to get the job done good safe and cheaper. If I had infinite money I'd deff get OFC. but with the mind set of CCA has no place in wire we should all switch to Egyptian Cotten bed sheets, all marble kitchens, all Bentley cars, and only eat at 5 star restaurants.

Ill be using single / double runs of CCA until money is plentiful enough for all copper wires. The fact that I can wire my whole car for a 3kw system with multiple batteries and all of the speaker / sub wires with CCA for under $200.... But if it was OFC I'd be looking at $350+ just in cable... And another $ 100+ in speaker wire... Both get the job done. You get what you pay for. Anyone who competes I'd use OFC for sure. Anyone else.... You won't have too much of a difference and you won't have to starve to get OFC. Get CCA and still have money for food / bills. (College student budget FTW)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Welding cable is the best-bang-for-buck. Can be trickier to install sometimes but nonetheless it's 'proper'Just make sure you get the tinned kind. Oxidized copper has alot of resistance and becomes weak.I do mostly use Knukonceptz Kolossus though, unless I run wire under the vehicle. Running 2x CCA Vs 1x OFC makes no sense? 2 parts aluminium = 1 part copper and so on...

2 runs of cca @ 20ft length = 500a (both runs cost HALF of a full 20ft ofc run)

1 run of ofc @ 20ft length = 300a

Welding cable has thick gauge strands and can break when ran around tight corners or tight bends and can cause resistance....welding cable is just as good as cca imho.. most isnt tinned and you have to buy 2/0 to get the same size as 1/0 car audio wire..

Aluminum coils > copper coils

At the end of the day its opinion vs opinion

Im doing just fine with cca and never seen this 30-40% resistance or voltage drop.

Im over it lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Welding cable is the best-bang-for-buck. Can be trickier to install sometimes but nonetheless it's 'proper'Just make sure you get the tinned kind. Oxidized copper has alot of resistance and becomes weak.I do mostly use Knukonceptz Kolossus though, unless I run wire under the vehicle. Running 2x CCA Vs 1x OFC makes no sense? 2 parts aluminium = 1 part copper and so on...

2 runs of cca @ 20ft length = 500a (both runs cost HALF of a full 20ft ofc run)

1 run of ofc @ 20ft length = 300a

Welding cable has thick gauge stands and tend to break when ran around tight corners and can cause resistance....

Aluminum coils > copper

500 amps for 2 20ft runs of cca?

If you say so...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived