Second Skin Audio

subs mysteriously go up in smoke.

I had subs running and working completely normal in my car. I sold them to a friend, we hooked them up in his truck and before even playing they went up in smoke. I checked everything i can think of. my only explanation is that the amp is bad...opinions?

also, one side of the speaker terminals would spark when a wire touched it....what could possibly make it do this? a short on the board?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

his head-unit was in fact clipping at a very low volume, though these went up in smoke before it was turned up at all..

Pics? Vids? More info? lol

i'm from maine, he's in mass. no pics or vids. ask me questions and ill give more info.

DC offset perhaps?

what does this mean?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

One other thing... You said the speaker terminal sparked. It's bad practice to tweak with any "live wire"

Turn off the car, then play with your wiring. I'm not sure if that played a role in this or not, but it's just something to know.

One other thing... You said the speaker terminal sparked. It's bad practice to tweak with any "live wire"

Turn off the car, then play with your wiring. I'm not sure if that played a role in this or not, but it's just something to know.

turned the car off, then hooked it up. turned it back on...poof.

clipping can cause damage even at low volume i watched 2 dd12s blow the oher day on low volume

song may have not even been playing. not positive.

Archived