Alex's 02 Intrepid build. SKAR AUDIO. Audio technix. 6/6/13 Oscoped

So auto zone said it was a fail and couldnt give me a printout. Guy really seemed to want to sell me some parts i didn't need. So after some searching on the phone i found a few places that do testing, I took it to my local smyth parts for plus and they said it was fine and theres no reason i shouldn't use it (been going there for years just didnt know they did testing). So im gonna clean it up and install in the next day or so (its too wet out at the moment to mess with electrical)

Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166486-alexs-02-intrepid-budget-build/

2 12" SKAR Audio VVXv2 d4 @ 1ohm

vvme qa-d1500

Pioneer Head unit deh-8400bh

2 Kenwood KFC-1693PS 3-Way 6.5"

2 stock sail speakers/tweeters (Infinity premium stock)

Polk Audio DB351 3.5" (upgraded from a factory 2.75" speaker or something weird like that dremeled to fit)

2 Sony Xplod XS-R6944 6" x 9" 4-Way's

Wow I've never had a bad experience with autozone I mean that's pretty fucked up

it's awesome that your alt is good though

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

I like your build man. It might be on a budget but you still put some effort into doing stuff correctly.

Autozone IMO is a bad experience/fail. our local never has enough employees working. Out of the employees on duty MAYBE 1 could show you where the power steering pump is on your car, or give you any real info their computer screen does not tell them. They tried to argue with me 31x1050x15 was not a tire size, that they don't make them in that size. Moron just shrugged his shoulders when I showed him the side wall on my BFG's, and told me they can't put that in their computer to find the right chains. IMO Napa FTW at least in my area.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I like your build man. It might be on a budget but you still put some effort into doing stuff correctly.

Autozone IMO is a bad experience/fail. our local never has enough employees working. Out of the employees on duty MAYBE 1 could show you where the power steering pump is on your car, or give you any real info their computer screen does not tell them. They tried to argue with me 31x1050x15 was not a tire size, that they don't make them in that size. Moron just shrugged his shoulders when I showed him the side wall on my BFG's, and told me they can't put that in their computer to find the right chains. IMO Napa FTW at least in my area.

thanks man. Usually I have no problem with autozone but yeah they really never do have enough people working, most ive seen is 3 people. but yeah custom/rare parts they really cant help you out that's why i like smaller local chains they tend to know more what they are talking about.

But yeah i have the next 2 days off so im gonna try to install the alternator tonight (if nothing pops up) and do some load tests with a dmm

Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166486-alexs-02-intrepid-budget-build/

vvme qa-d1500

Polk Audio DB351 3.5" (upgraded from a factory 2.75" speaker or something weird like that dremeled to fit)

That's not right what auto-zone did man to you. They just want money. And boy have they gotten a lot of mine over the years. Please don't get mad sir. Hey you keep that amp happy with good voltage it will last a lot longer. Not a bad amp for the price I think. You know sometimes we can't afford the best. The way things are these days, I think your blessed if you have a system period. I have a Ap 3000.1 I used it for three years and it's still good. But I did move on to bigger and better things. But for the price, it was the best bang for the buck I've had. Install is everything bro, it's just the way it is. Good luck on alternator and the BIG three sir.

OK so it has been installed, I still have some testing to do and possibly need to get a shorter belt because the manual tensioner is damn near bottomed out. The battery was resting at 12.2v before first start, after first start at 1500rpm it read 13.6v with none and every accessory running. resting voltage after shut down was 12.5v. So far so good gonna go do some driving to see how it does in a little bit.

Oh and i had to turn my amp gain down due to the increased output after. Before the swap it was running 850wrms and after it was almost 1700wrms!!!!!!! ahhh (probably distorted but i had my subs disconnected just in case. wish i had an oscope or dd1)

but anyways heres some pics

Cleaned up and polished by hand

DSC_0159_zps154128b3.jpg

old alternator

DSC_0160_zpsd7cc9bbd.jpg

RAIN DELAY !!!!!!! AHHHH but it was short

DSC_0161_zpsd7232ac0.jpg

OLD vs NEW

DSC_0163_zps52fcea37.jpg

DSC_0162_zps0146fee5.jpg

SHINEY

DSC_0164_zps892e255e.jpg

DSC_0165_zpsa6add344.jpg

Build log

vvme qa-d1500

All seems good with the new alternator. Virtually all dimming is gone, idle is alot smoother, mids and highs on the factory amp are more crisp and the lows are more pronounced. i havent had a chance to get the multimeter on the battery today but im not throwing any codes.

so im happy :domodance:

Build log

vvme qa-d1500

New updated voltages battery resting 12.8v, 13.8v at idle (500rpm), and 14.1v at 1500rpm

Build log

vvme qa-d1500

Haven't clamped mine yet due to not having a clamp meter lowest I've had mine though was 2 ohms and it beat like a mofo I'm planing on upgrading to 2 dual4 18's and adding a second amp and upgrading from 4ga to at least 2ga my biggest problem is when the bass hits my voltage drops dangerously low so I gotta upgrade my alt and maybe my bat how does it react on yours?

Yeah i know what ya mean. If you dont already have a big 3 (since you are on here its a good bet that you do) do it!!! I have mine wired to 1ohm and the lights dim on a few songs (mainly the hits below 32hz). The alt on my car i believe is 120 or 130 but i have a 160amp coming in the mail from a police model intrepid. Should be a nice little bump, i have no idea why they made such low amperage alts for their best engine the 3.5 when the 2.7 which have a bad oil sludging problem got a 200+amp.(sorry rant over) But when i install that im going to clean up all my grounds (even the ones under the dash)

ill try to take some pics of the install and might be able to do a dim test vid at night if i can find a spot where i can be loud and not cause any problems

Finally found another intrepid on here.

I have the 2.7 model. found that as long as maintenance is kept up there are no problems. other than bass breaking stuff. mine still has reg alt pushing bc2000d with two superstart platinums helping out. never drops below 12.8

keep up the good work tho bruh. tuned in

Finally found another intrepid on here.

I have the 2.7 model. found that as long as maintenance is kept up there are no problems. other than bass breaking stuff. mine still has reg alt pushing bc2000d with two superstart platinums helping out. never drops below 12.8

keep up the good work tho bruh. tuned in

Thanks

yeah the 2.7's are not bad, you just really have to keep up on the oil changes. But yeah check out Need Bass he's got an Intrepid too he's following this page also

Build log

vvme qa-d1500

Archived