Second Skin Audio

Weird problem! Subs seem lower in volume

Pauly1987

Amp is warm but not hot!

Volt meter is on cig lighter!

Amp is seeing 2 ohms maybe more after box rise

Well, there's one problem. Use a DMM and measure it at the amp. Do this at idle, and at cruising RPM's.

Chances are that your cigarette lighter volt meter isn't as reliable as a real DMM.

You shouldn't need to carry it with you all the time, just use it at home for troubleshooting this problem.

Edit: yes, check it at the amp terminals.

Am I placing the ddm on the power and ground terminals from the amp?

Can I just strip the wires on the current volt meter and plug them in that way I don't have to carry a ddm around everywhere?

there is a reason funky said at idle and at cruising rpms you can do it yourself at idle basically put it on the screws make sure not to ground it to the case

cruising has higher rpms = more amps from alternator so rev eninge to around 1500 i would say

idle lower rpms less amps from alt

best time to do this is when the engine is warmed up cause then the alt is not and not as efficient at keep the voltage at 14.4v

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

btw what brand alt do you have 150 amps is a lil higher than most oem

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I had a friend read his voltage from somewhere in the front of the car. I don't remember where it was.

Long story short his amp was playing quiet/shutting off even though his voltage *looked* good. Well come to find out he had a bad connection giving him some serious front-to-back voltage drop. So the amp was playing off the rear battery and was going into low voltage protect.

All that to say: you might have a similar issue

Archived